discovery

Alex POV

After the wedding I saw the lady whom I learned caused my accident. She was the same lady that was the bride's maid. I had never seen such a beauty. I wanted to be angry at her but she seemed too beautiful and innocent for her own good.

Katelyn was dancing with her father therefore I decided to approach the lady.

"May I have this dance?" She turned and seemed shocked again.

"Harry!!?" She said. I thought maybe she was talking to someone else therefore I turned but no one was behind me. I felt something soft poking my chest.

"I'm talking to you dumb ass hole," she said with her angelic voice. I swear this woman is wearing some charm.

"Who is Harry!!?" I asked her confused as to why she called me Harry twice and we had just met. She also looked confused as well.

"May I have this dance as I hear your apology for almost killing me and causing me to marry that bitchy she devil of your sister."

"I am very sorry,,,," she trailed off.

"Alex...am Alexander Brown," I told her.

She started blubbering how sorry she was. And she was even crying. I felt guilty of making that beautiful face cry. I was even surprised when my body decided to make a move. I found my self hugging her.

"How come I haven't heard about you and you are a Scott family?" He asked.

Suddenly the older version of her came and tapped her shoulder. For some reason I was disappointed that our moment was ruined. Then the woman said the same thing she said.

Who the hell is Harry?

"I think we have a lot to discuss, for know I have somewhere to go. Take this and call me tomorrow at 12 noon. Don't forget to call me and don't mention anything to your wife." The woman said.

When they went I suddenly felt lonely. I looked for mom in the crowd and found her seated alone and she seemed stressed. I wanted to go and hug her and tell her everything will be fine.

Before I reached her, I was called to the reception to cut the cake. Kate was looking at me with disgust in her eyes. The hatred is mutual woman, I thought to myself.

I don't like vanilla but whom am I to complain. After cutting the cake, Mr Scott announced that he bought us tickets to Hawaii and we were to leave the next day for honeymoon.

I felt the need to call Kate's grandma and that's what I did. She seemed shocked at first but then she said she will call again in five minutes.

We went to Mr Scott's mansion. Rich people with mansions. I rolled my eyes internally. I was taken to Kate and I's room. Everything in the room was purple. There was a king size bed that we will be sharing.

I sat on the bed waiting for Kate's grandma to call.

She called me after exactly fifteen minutes.

Alex and Kate's grandma conversation

Al: hello
Gr: hello Alex, can you give me your mom's contacts there is something important that I need to talk to her about.
Al: is there a problem, I mean if I can help.
Gr: no son don't worry i want to talk to your mom first
Al: ok I will send her number but please if it's something important I also need to know.
Gr: thank you, if you need anything just call me am your-

Before she finished talking, Katelyn slammed the door open.

"Who gave you permission to sit on my bed you son of a bitch?" What was wrong with sitting on the bed?
I looked at her forgetting that there was an ongoing call.

"Move your filthy poor ass from my bed you gold-diggers son." I knew I was poor but my mom was never a gold-digger. "She was a slut that's why she doesn't know your father." That triggered my anger. How could she insult my mother.

I stormed out of the room and ran off. I didn't realize where I was going until I found myself in front of our small apartment.

I sat on the doorstep and tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Alex what happened?" My mom tried to comfort me.

"Hello,,can you hear me,,?"that's when I realized Kate's grandma was still on the phone. I looked at the phone then gave it to mom.

Alex's mom and Kate's grandma conversation.
Am: hello my son is not in a position to talk right now can you call later.
Gr: are you Lora Alex's mom?
Am: yeah
Gr: I want to talk to you about something can I come over please, I beg you.
Am: is it something to do with my son?
Gr: actually both of you. It is very important lora. Maybe it might free your son from the marriage.
Am: what do you mean?
Gr: please let me come and explain.
Am: okay, danfarm street apartment 4.
Gr: thank you so much.

"Alex we have a visitor coming around. Let's go inside," mom said. I was not in the mood to meet anyone but I respected mom.

I sat on a couch in the living room and waited for the said visitors. The doorbell rang and my mom literally ran to open.

"Come on in Mrs Scott?" I didn't understand why mom seemed excited.

"Oh my God Alex am so sorry for what happened earlier, I know Kate is a spoiled brat but don't take in whatever she said." Mrs Scott said. I don't know why I felt I could trust her.

"Am here bearing some big shocking news but I want to hear out what Lora has to say." Mrs Scott tried to be brave but she was nervous.

"About what Mrs Scott?" Mom seemed confused.

"About that necklace on Alex neck,"she said pointing at me.

"That's a long story Mrs Scott,"mom became nervous.

"Do you want your only son to get stack in a loveless marriage? Or do you want to see him having a happy family with your grandchildren?" Mrs Scott continued.