Chapter Two

<- 2 months earlier ->

Elena now arriving at Jeremy's apartment was greeted by him with a big smile. Elena smiled. Trying to hid the heartbreak. But it didn't work. "Elena. - are you okay?" Jeremy now asks.
Elena shook her head. Trying to fight back the tears.

 Trying to fight back the tears

Jeremy looked at his sister.

Elena now remembering why she and Elijah broke up

"Elijah and I broke up. - he accused me of cheating on him with Matt Shade. - I just
met up with Matt. - I didn't sleep with him. - all Matt wanted was advise." Elena now cried harder.

" Elena now cried harder

"Hey. - it's okay. - I knew Matt was going to see you. - and Elijah should have trusted you. - you would never go and cheat on him." Jeremy now engulfed Elena in a hug. "Klaus and Rebekah believes it. - Rebekah slapped me. - I don't know what to do." Elena cried harder.
"Matt invited us around to his for dinner. - I'll cancel. - okay. - we don't have to go there." Jeremy now smoothed Elena's hair.
Elena gave a nod. And a thank you.

Matt was shocked to hear that Elijah thought himself and Elena slept together. And broke up with her. Matt shook his head. Angie noticed. "Everything alright?" Angie now asks. Matt gave a nod. "Then what's with the head shaking?" Angie asks. Matt told her. "What a load of bullshit." Angie spoke.

"It's my fault. - I asked to see her. - I asked her not to tell Elijah. - I have to make this right." Matt said putting his head into his hands. "Look you went there for advise. - and you unconsciously knew if Elijah knew. - he would want to go with. - because he didn't trust Elena." Angie now put her hand on Matt's shoulder trying to comfort him. Matt looked at her. "Your right. - thanks Ang." Matt spoke. "Do you mind if I leave early?" Matt asks. "Going to see Elena?" Angie asks. Her heart tightened as she hated the idea of the guy she secretly loves going to see another. Matt gave a nod. Angie smiled. "Say hello to Elena for me." Angie now spoke. Matt gave a nod and left.

Jeremy had left to go and see his new girlfriend. She just happened to be Juliet Shade. Matt's daughter from his previous marriage. So when Matt knocked on the door Elena answered. she closed the door in his face. "Elena please. - let me speak." Matt pleads through the closed door. Elena shook her head. She didn't need this now. Not ever. She sighed as she opened the door. "I'm sorry. - okay. - I shouldn't called you for advise. - it would turns out that she is seeing someone else. - in case you are wondering. - I should've called Klaus or Rebekah. - I should've known better to call you and ask you not to tell Elijah. - but I didn't do this on purpose. - I thought that Elijah would have trusted you. - but Angie did make a good point. - I unconsciously knew that Elijah would assume what he did. - and wanted to come. - I am so very sorry Elena." Matt spoke.

Elena forgave Matt and invited him in. One thing lead to another. After one too many drinks. They landed in bed together waking up next to each other. She didn't know whether to smile be sad or do nothing. After a moment or two she got up. She saw Jeremy in a kitchen with a girl. She assumed that she was Juliet. "Good morning Elena. - Matt haven't been seen since he was in the office. - Angie said that he was blaming himself for what happened between you and Elijah. - have you seen him?" Jeremy knew all too well that she had. Matt's coat was still there .  Elena gave a nod. "He is in the guest room." Elena spoke. "You mean your room?" Jeremy smirked. Elena grabbed the first thing she saw and threw it at him. Juliet smiled. "Elena. - this is my girlfriend Juliet. - Juliet this is Elena."  Jeremy now introduced them. "It's lovely to meet you Juliet." Elena now smiled even though Elena knew she couldn't see. But she smiled anyway. "It's lovely to meet you too Elena. - I've heard great thing about you from Jeremy and dad." Juliet smiled back.

There was a knock on the door. Elena answered it. "Klaus. - what can I do for you?" Elena spoke. "Nothing. - never mind." Klaus spoke after seeing Matt in Jeremy's apartment. "So what? I'm single remember Klaus? - it was the first time we slept together. - and anyway it's none of your damn business anymore what I get up to." Elena then slammed the door in Klaus's face.