Chapter Three

Elena now returned from New York two months ago. Has been feeling extremely sick. In the mornings Jeremy is visiting Elena. Has made her think that she is pregnant. So she went and got a pregnancy test.

Now thinking how could I be so stupid?

Elena now looked up and saw Jeremy there.
"Hey. - it's okay." Jeremy spoke. "Matt will be there for the child." Jeremy said.
Elena looked up at him. "I don't know if I want this baby?" Elena spoke. "Take a few days Elena. - think it over. - when you do tell Matt. - either way. - he deserves to know. - and he will be okay whatever you decide." Jeremy now put a comforting hand on Elena.

Elena gave a nod. Now decided to go for a walk. To clear her head. To think things through. She stopped at a cafe. And she got a water. And got some food. She put her head into hands. When she heard the bells ring signaling someone had walked. She looked up and saw Klaus and Elijah. Elena's heart skipped a beat. Then she put her hand on her stomach. Remembering she was pregnant with another mans baby. Elena put her head back down. And she ate her food. And left. She didn't want to talk to the man that was the love of her life. She had just got to the door. When she felt a hand on her arm. She turned around to come face to face with Elijah. "Elena. - I just want to say. - I'm sorry. - I should have believed you when you said that you didn't sleep with Matt." Elijah spoke. Elena gave a nod. And left. She couldn't breath. She wanted to stay but she couldn't. She couldn't face to see Elijah's face. Not now not ever.

Elijah stood there baffled. He knows he did wrong. He was hoping that they would have gotten back together. Elijah sat back down in front of Klaus. Now staring into space.

Klaus had just returned from New York. He shook his head. He saw Matt there. Elena admitted they slept together the once. Maybe she was telling the truth. "How was your trip?" Elijah asks. "Interesting." Klaus now spoke. "How so?" Elijah now put down the newspaper. "I went to New York. - to see Elena." Klaus paused. "And?" Rebekah asks. " Matt was there. - she openly admitted to them sleeping together. - and saying that she was single and free to do so." Klaus now spoke sitting down in front of Kol. "Like you said that they left together right?" Klaus now questioned his brother. Kol gulped. "Haley. - paid me a million dollars. - to say that. - I'm sorry." Kol now admitted.

Klaus waved his hand in front of Elijah. Getting Elijah's attention. "I have to go after her." Elijah suddenly got up. And left the cafe. Went to Elena's apartment. Knocked on the door. "Elijah" Jeremy spoke before hitting him. "I deserved that. - is Elena here?" Elijah now spoke. "No. - now get lost." Jeremy then closed the door in Elijah's face.