35

Monday Morning
Niya POV

It was my first day back to school and I really don't want to go. I mean it's the last week before winter break so I really don't even see the point.

For the first time in forever I actually slept alone in my own bed last night since my dad stayed home. I haven't really seen much of him since everything happened but whatever maybe it's for the best.

I got up and brushed my teeth and allat before throwing on a black long sleeve, some black leggings, and my black Uggs. I threw my hair up in a bun and laid my edges before grabbing my book bags and going into the living room to find my dad and uncle range sitting on the couch.

"Morning" I said making them both turn they heads in my direction.

"Goodmorning babygirl" my dad said

"Wassup Niya" range said nodding his head at me before returning to their conversation

I just shook my head and walked in the kitchen to see the Waffle House plate on the table with the cup of orange juice on the side.

"Wow thanks" I said sarcastically to myself.

I sat at the table and ate in silence while checking my notifications and shit.

All I had was a text from Devonte letting me know what time he got in last night but I was already asleep by then.

After I finished my food I got a text from him telling me he was outside. I threw my trash away and grabbed my book bag heading towards the door.

"Bye y'all" I said walking past my dad and uncle

"Aye come here real quick" my dad called when I was almost at the door.

I walked into the living room where they were and stood in front of them.

"Wassup?" I asked

"Dang have a good day at school muhfucka. No hug or nothing. That's fucked up" my dad said making me laugh

"Yeah after I thought about yo fat ass and brought you breakfast on my way here and I can't even get not hug? Bet Niya" range added on

"Bye daddy I love you" I said hugging my dad

"Love you too" he said

"Bye punk" I mushed the side of range head

He punched me in my thigh and that shit stung.

"Dang love you too nigga" I said rubbing my thigh and walking out the door

I walked outside and as always demon and the gang was sitting in the car waiting on me.

"Yo ass always wanna take forever to come out the house" brazy complained from the back seat

"And you always wanna complain in the morning like that morning breath don't be on 10.5" I said making Mekhi, Threat, and Loso bust out laughing

Demon just chuckled and shook his head at me. Luckily today is a bday so I have every class with him except 2nd period.

"You wanna stop and get something to eat?" He asked looking over at me

"Nah I'm good range bought me Waffle House" I told him scrolling through Instagram.

Like five minutes later we pulled up to lame ass Enloe high school. But what threw us all off was they had a whole ass memorial set up for trouble outside of the school. Like it was a big ass banner with his face on it hanging over the doors and all.