Coming out

I didn't mean to hit him. Or maybe I did. I didn't know at the time. I just hated him so much, I couldn't stand it any longer. I spent many nights awake after that day, pondering if maybe, I was just like my mother and sister.

Florian and Seb walked down the street to school, hand in hand. They were quiet and looked at the ground, just to avoid eye-contact. "It's been a messed up week, I know." Florian said, trying to make things easier. Seb looked at Florian and frowned. "You had to stop Ivy from murdering her sister's ex-boyfriend. That's not messy, that's mental. Has she ever done that before?" "No. She uses words, not her fists. I got a little scared when I couldn't stop her." Seb smiled and kissed him on the cheek, saying: "Luckily, you're strong as hell." Florian smiled and then thought to himself now was a good time for the other thing on his mind. "Thomas was a childhood friend. We started a relationship in the Summer, but he didn't survive." Seb looked at Florian and was a little confused. "He didn't survive?" "He killed himself." "Oh shit." Seb said. He couldn't think of anything else to say. "That's why I was so hesitant about us being together. I didn't wanna forget him." Florian held back tears. He wiped them of with his sleeve and tried to awkwardly smile so he could, once again, avoid conversation. "What was he like?" Seb asked him. "Well, he was kind, he... he..." Florian struggled for a moment. "...he had this fuzzy blond hair that was softer than feathers, and he never gave up on anyone. He cared about everyone around him. He just... he just wanted to help people get better..." He sobbed loudly and hugged Seb tightly, hiding his face into Seb's chest. "He sounds wonderful." Seb said. "I wish I could've met him."

At school, the gang sat in the cafeteria, painting decors for the show. Everyone was covered in paint, mostly because of running around trying to hit each other with the brush. Seb and Florian worked on a piece together and laughed as Florian smeared paint on Seb's nose. They then looked at each other and nodded. They had to tell everyone. The boys got up and Seb clapped his hands. "We need to tell you something." Everyone seemed unimpressed by Seb's announcement. "Florian and I.." he got interrupted by Mika, who said: "You're a couple, we know." Everyone laughed, as it was true. Florian frowned. "Were we that obvious?" "I've known since day one. I'm gay too, ya know." Ivy said as she smiled and grabbed Liz's hand. She then got up and looked at the gang. "Does anyone have objections against this wonderful, meant to be, soulmate couple?" Everyone shook their heads. "Well, get married already!" Ivy shouted, laughing of joy. Florian smiled and gave Seb as kiss on the cheek. He had never felt this happy in his entire life. "So, how does it feel to be out of the closet, even though everyone already knew?" Ivy asked him. Florian then realised. "Shit. My dad."