Chapter 6

Chapter 6: West Kingdom; Cheng

Third Person's POV

A beautiful 15-year-old maiden was playing with her little brother. She was the Princess of the West. Strong-willed, witty, respectful. She was the pride of the kingdom. She was indeed the most beautiful face of their kingdom. She was none other than Cheng Kixha. Her name was very foreign but her mother loved her name. She was sometimes called Ki.

"Imperial Mother" she vowed her head. It's no wonder that the young girl is such a beauty, she inherits her beauty from her mother. Empress Cheng is in her early 30's but her beauty tells otherwise. If you don't know her you'll probably think she is only 22 years old.

"Rise my daughter. How are you and little Dang? I apologize for being busy like your Father. We have to take care of the problem in the capital, do not worry everything is okay now." Her mother said. Unknown to her Kixha was there, She was one of the people who helped them. Only her father knew about it. She secretly trained to become stronger. The Emperor, his father, never told her wife about their daughter training, he doesn't want her wife to become hysterical. Her wife wants her daughter to become prim and proper. It's not what Kixha wants though.

"We are good Imperial Mother. Please do not worry about us. We are okay here and learning. I know how hard it is for you and Imperial Father, to be at the capital " She said understandingly. She knew how her parents keep their kingdom free from harm, it is hard, especially that the bandits are attacking the borders of the kingdoms. She can't hide her despise to the bandits.

"Then that's good to hear. I am going to my pavilion and have tea, care to join me?" Empress Cheng said and Kixha nodded.

Laughter filled the pavilion, the giggling of a young boy can be heard from afar. Indeed the family is tight close. Young Princess Kixha plays the flute as per the request of her beloved mother. She plays from the heart. The Empress, impressed by her daughter's improvement can't help but close her eyes.

Kixha was reminded of her best friend. It's been a while but the pain in her heart remains. The beautiful sound coming from her flute became so chilly that the Empress asked her daughter what was wrong.

Kixha apologizes and the Empress knew what made Kixha play such chilly music. Ever since her daughter's best friend died Kixha's music became scary. It is where her daughter expresses her feelings. She is still mourning. She hugged her daughter reminded her that she loves her very much. Even Little Dang embraced them.

How thankful Kixha is, her heartfelt peace again thanks to her little brother and Empress. They sat looking at the pond instead.

They were enjoying the cool breeze and some tea when a eunuch arrived and announce the arrival of Emperor Cheng. The family was delighted to see the Emperor.