8 - Confidence

★ ★ ★

Six years later

Tears shone in her left eye. A beautiful smile adorned her face while she took his hands and kissed his lips. "It's really true, Esai. We're having a baby!"

Esai pulled her in a loving embrace. Unbelievable. He was going to be a father. 

For over two years they had been trying to have a baby. Since Alesia was diagnosed with a hormonal deviation, it had been harder than they'd expected. There had been a chance they would never be blessed with a child — imagine how much joy they felt.

He buried his nose in her hair while holding her close. "I love you," he whispered. "I love you so much. And our little one too." Going down on his knees, he laid his hands against her stomach. "You hear that, pequeño? Daddy already loves you so much."

Alesia smiled. Never before she had been as beautiful as she was now. 

His girl. His fiance. The mother of his child. 

He got up to kiss her. Gently he led her to the bed, his lips caressing her neck while he skillfully removed her clothes. Her hands shoved his kutte over his schouders, took off his shirt and started to unbuckle his belt. 

Only a few moments later, he was lying on top of her, kissing every inch of her delicious skin. A few more months, then he would marry her. Then she would be formally his. Her fingers glided through his hair, her sighs making his heart beat faster. 

When he met her eight years ago, someone had taken her life from her. Now, he would give her back a life, and he would protect his family, at all costs. He would make sure nothing bad would ever have happen to his beloveds. 

His lips moved to hers, his tongue sliding between them. They kissed and stroked each other until they couldn't bear the distance any longer. 

"You and me, mi amor," he whispered as they became one. "You and me and that little one. Por siempre."

★ ★ ★

It felt like he was in a daze because of the news he'd received two days ago. He was going to be a father. They hadn't told anyone, first they wanted to enjoy their secret a little longer. There would be plenty of time for nosy mothers and overprotecting fathers. 

Yet, he found it hard to keep the truth to himself. Excitement was rushing through his veins and being alone with his father didn't happen often. Not that they would be able to have a conversation right now; they were both riding their Harleys, on their way to a meeting with Ernest Darby. He was the leader of a white supremacist street gang — the Nords — who lived close to Charming. 

Esai couldn't think of a reason why the man wanted to meet up with his father. After all, they were of Mexican descent, so they were scoring high on the nazi score bord. But perhaps lower than the Niners — the brown MC — and although the Sons of Anarchy consisted of mainly white people, Esai knew they couldn't stand each other either. 

Apparently, the Nazi had to do business with someone. 

They parked their bikes on a remote farmyard. Esai looked at the balding man who was sitting at a picknick table. He got a suspicious look in return. Esai's jaw clenched, but he didn't respond when his father gave him an inquiring look. 

"Wait here."

Esai nodded. Shoving his hands in his pockets he watched his father sit down across from the Nord. He wasn't able to hear them, but even from here he could feel the tension between them. In the end, Darby walked away. His father however called him back, where after they seemed to have an agreement. 

Esai looked suspiciously at the man as he walked away, throwing an empty beer can at Esai's feet as he passed him. Esai squinted his eyes and watched him leave, then he turned to his father. "What did he want?"

"Gotta put down a couple of dogs making my life miserable."

So Darby had told him to get rid of someone. "Let me and my boys do it."

It was about time he was going to prove himself. He wanted to be entitled to vicepresident. Sometimes he still had the feeling his father was doubting his qualities and he wanted to change that. He was trustworthy. One could count on him. He belonged to a motorclub, he was supposed to become his father's right hand. 

"You think you can handle that weight?"

Esai gritted his teeth; clearly he still doubted him. He was not a child anymore. He could follow orders. He could lead some guys and be of value to the club. "Just tell me who."

"SAMCRO boss." Over his shoulder, his father looked at Darby, pulling a face. "And that greedy cracker shithead."

Clay Morrow — SAMCRO's president. And Darby, leader of the Nords. 

Two big names — a chance he wouldn't want to miss. 

"I'll take care of it," he told his father confidently. "I won't fuck it up."

But he did. 

★ ★ ★