chapter 3: we meet again

Chapter 3

Michael tapped on the Door of Boss Geckomon Jr's Town House.

" You can't really expect Boss Geckomon Jr to open the door for us?" Tri Gatomon said.

"Of course not but he's barely ever here and Evan if he is, I doubt he'll want to make trouble with us since we and the other DigiDestined from around the world have cracked down on his criminal enterprises."

Michael knocked one more time and the door opened and a timid Floramon greeted them.

"How can I help you?"

" We're here to do business." Tri Gatomon said.

" Oh, you're the human Boss Geckomon Jr's been waiting for.
C'mon in, he's waiting for you in the lounge"

"Great, he is here," Michael said disappointedly.

The floramon led Michael and Tri down a long stairway until they finally came to Boss Geckomon Jr's lounge area.
As usual, the Oversized crime Lord was smoking his hookah pipe while different species of Female Digimon danced for the crime Lord's amusement.

Tri Gatomon covered Michael's eyes with her tail as they walked past them.

" Hey, what're you doing?!"

"Shielding your eyes from things little boys like yourself should not be seeing."

" O great Boss Geckomon Jr, The Leader of the New DigiDestined and his Gatomon Bodyguard have arrived." The Floramon said.

Boss Geckomon Jr smiled as he saw the two stand before him. The members of Boss Geckomon Jr's Court and Guards began to whisper amongst each other as their master began to speak.

"So, My former accountant and one of my favorite Enforcers have both returned, how Delightful.
How can I be of Assistance to you both?"

" You have something the two of us want. Word around the underworld is that you have a certain Gatomon with a 0 shaped scar around her right eye and since your a well known Business Mon, we thought that you would perhaps like to make a deal?" Tri Gatomon asked.

Boss Geckomon Jr's smile got bigger as he looked down at Tri and Michael.

"Ah yes, I'm glad my spies got the word out. Yes, I do have your little friend. Some scavengers who owed me found her and gave her to me as collateral. She was severely injured when they found her but we nursed her back to health."

" And we're very thankful and I'm sure you'll bring that up again when you're selling her back to us but before we start to negotiate, we need to see her."

"Of course." Boss Geckomon Jr said as he snapped his fingers and two Goblimon guards brought out a small cage that was covered by a large rag.

Boss Geckomon Jr removed the rag and Michael and Tri Gatomon saw zero sitting in the cage, shielding her eyes the ray of sunlight coming in from the window.

She looked at the two of them with her other eye. Tri looked relieved to see her sister again but Michael looked at her with obvious hatred in his eyes.

"How do we know this is the real zero not just some random Gatomon you've kidnapped?" Michael asked.

" You don't trust me?" Boss Geckomon Jr said, starting to sound hurt.

" No." Tri Gatomon said as she gave her former master the same death Glair Michael was giving zero.

"Very well." Boss Geckomon Jr said as he snapped his fingers.

One of the Goblimon opened the cage and grabbed the Gatomon by her ears and pulled back the fur around her eyes and reveled the zero shaped scar around her right eye.