the sadness of my life (part 1)

'Give her a name.'

'What?! Name? But...' Chuuya was lost in thought. Minute. Two. The more time passed, the more his face twisted. Finally, he exhaled heavily, straightened up, and continued. '(Y/N).'

'Last name too. I have make her a new passport.'

'Um~... (L/N).'

'Isn't this a popular model's for magazines about girls in bikinis last name?' Dazai asked with a note of mockery in his voice.

'Just the name that first came to mind!' Chuuya cried, blushing as if a girl in front of him was still naked.

'Ahem.' Mori drew attention to himself. 'And one more thing — she will stay with you for the first time. Firstly, because I need time to find her a suitable home, and secondly, because she is not adapted to life in the world around her.'

'Am I her father?! And why should it be me?!' At last Chuuya could not stand it.

'Because she is your godsend.' Dazai answered slowly and quietly with a frightening smile on his face.

'Well I can let you go off now.'

So they got back into the Elevator. Chuuya muttered all sorts of curses under his breath, Dazai again whistled some extraordinary melody, and (Y/N)'s gaze changed for the first time to a lost and uncomprehending one.

Dazai asked noticing the change in the girl's face, 'Ne, (Y/N), how do you feel now?'

She raised her lost and even frightened eyes to Osamu, 'Don't understand.' There was a slight tremor in her voice.

'Everything will be all right now.' He turned away with a warm smile on his face.

They parted at the exit of the building. Dazai lightly stroked the top of the girl's head in farewell. After he left them, Chuuya grudgingly began to dictate the rules of life together.

'So, (Y/N), there's something you need to know. First. You can take and use whatever you need in my house. Second. You can go out if I'm not at home, but don't go far until you get used to it. Third. Start talking to me at last. If you don't like something, tell me. If you want something, tell me. If...' Chuuya suddenly realized that he was so carried away by his monologue that he did not notice how the girl remained somewhere behind. He turned and saw that he was a whole block ahead of her. 'And the fourth. Keep up with me, damn it.'

The girl stopped at the window of a lingerie store and stared at the mannequins. So it seemed to him at first. He looked curiously at the girl who was interested in something for the first time during her stay at liberty.

'Oi, what's got you so interested?'

'There is my name.'

Nakahara suddenly turned scarlet again. He grabbed her arm sharply and pulled her forward.

'Forget it.'

Despite the rather late hour, the streets were fairly well lit by street lights and bright colorful advertising screens. Color pictures with inscriptions written in fancy patterned fonts quickly replaced each other, which made her eyes slightly hurt and watered. Of course, (Y/N) sometimes had a chance to cast a brief glance at the street when the master let her on the first floor. But now a special strange feeling lit up inside, so the girl tried not to miss a single flickering advertisement. The fresh, cool night wind that blew through her untidy, shaggy hair was also unusual. The very atmosphere of the evening seemed to welcome her to freedom. Only now could she look at her rescuer in a different way. Only now, breathing in the smell of the streets of Yokohama at night. Only now, walking somewhere far beyond her cage. There was a sudden sense of incredible loyalty to this man in her chest. And with that feeling, she tightened her grip on his hand. She realized that henceforth her life was in that hand. It was incredible how quickly her life had made sense. If before it was concentrated in other people's hands only as a commodity, now everything has changed. Since that time she could call herself human. And all thanks to her two saviors.

Time flew by and the two came to a small house in a residential area. Here Chuuya released her hand and stood still for a moment, watching her reaction.

No, still, it was impossible to read her thoughts in her face.

'Well, I don't live richly yet. It's a good thing it's not the Dorm, isn't it?' Chuuya turned to her.

But she nodded silently.

'Tsch, let's go.' He moved forward, leaving her behind. And with quick steps she followed him.

The key in the door lock turned, and the narrow corridor appeared before their eyes. Of course, they both fit because of their thinness, but if one of them was stronger, it would be much more difficult to enter together.

'Go to the shower first. I'm after you. You know how all the machinery works, don't you?' Chuuya opened the first door in the corridor, inviting the new roommate to enter. With his other hand, he flipped the switch.
The shower room was also rather cramped. It surprisingly fit the toilet, shower, and even a sink with a mirror. However, this room could hold nothing more.

The girl took off her shoes and carefully went inside. Chuuya have not had time to close the door as the girl began to throw off all her clothes, so he blushed once again for the evening. He slammed the door loudly and the girl looked around in surprise for a second. Then she did get into the shower when she finally got rid of all the clothes. Not so long considering the handles and buttons, she still began to twist and press everything. The boiling water, then ice-cold water alternately replaced each other, because of what she had to jump pretty in a narrow shower cabin to avoid unpleasant jets. In the end, another turn of one of the handles still set an acceptable water temperature. The next problem in the process of washing were different jars with colorful labels. Previously, she was washed by the master himself as the most valuable product. He always brought the same liquid in a plastic bottle with no label or name. Now it was hard to know what it would be better to use. So, she took the first bottle that came along and squeezed it with her hand.

Nakahara waited until he could hear the sound of water in case she didn't know how to use the shower. But when he was sure that everything was going well, he moved up the steps to his room to find her some of his home clothes.

«Mattaku... Why did I manage to get into such a problem? If you want to hurt Dazai , you get a double dose of trouble for yourself.»

He fingered the t-shirts neatly folded in a small locker.

«It would be really unfair to kill her. But it's also unfair that they left her to me alone. How annoying it is.»

Despite the fact that he had been complaining mentally for hours about his fate, Chuuya still showed signs of caring. For example, even now he had pulled out a t-shirt made of the softest fabric for her. He did not notice how his subconscious was looking for ways to make this girl's life more comfortable. Perhaps his previous position as boss had made itself felt after all. Since then, he had a well-developed sense of responsibility.

Meanwhile, the creaking door of his room opened a crack.

'You're just in time, I was about to...' the guy turned around. 'WHOA, can you at least warn me sometimes that you're not wearing any clothes? Or do you have a problem with that?!' He shouted at the girl.

This time, however, he did not turn away from her. Because she looked really weird and they had to do something about it. The foam fell down in some places with wet hair that clung to her shoulders. The bruises and scars on the clean, pale body became even more prominent. The whites of the eyes were terribly reddened by the large number of attempts to use shampoo.

Groaning in disbelief, he handed her the clothes he had chosen.

'Go back, I'll come and help you.'