song of a summer day

Dazai's thoughts were interrupted by the unexpected pleasant aroma of fried chicken. (Y/N)'s stomach immediately reacted to this alluring smell and let out a heart-rending cry asking for help. Osamu opened his eyes and saw how the girl squeezed her stomach with both hands, crouching from an unpleasant pulling pain. Her body trembled, and her white baby face suddenly turned a cold, dead blue.

'Oh, you didn't even eat last night, did you? Come on, Chuuya will be furious if you die here on his bed,' he said with a sinister smile on his face. His words, thoughts, and actions changed so often that he really was the living embodiment of the concept of "Unpredictability." But the word "Duplicity" described it even better.

Holding her stomach, the girl hurried to catch up with the departing guy. This time the stairs to the first floor seemed unbearably long. The endless number of identical steps made (Y/N) dizzy at the thought that they were all an obstacle to the cherished source of the wonderful fragrance. When they both reached the kitchen, there was a disheveled Chuuya standing at the stove, wearing a white t-shirt stained with vegetable oil. Apparently, he wasn't the good cook, despite the fact that he lived all his life alone.

'My, my, piggyhara, do we have something delicious planned today?'

'There's nothing for you. Go home to eat,' Chuuya muttered irritably. 'I still don't understand what the hell you're doing here.'

'Oh, right, I forgot! We have a night mission today to test (Y/N)'s abilities,' Dazai answered carelessly.

'Mission? So early? She just learned how to wash yesterday, so why?!'

'Our boss will not miss the opportunity to use this ability immediately,' Osamu murmured without much interest.

'Shit,' Nakahara swore. 'Hey, you. We don't have much time until tonight. Eat quickly and we'll go deal with today's business.'

He set a plate of toasted chicken legs on the table, which looked appetising and smelled good.

'I have one fork, one spoon, and even chopsticks, so what would you like to...' He turned and his speech stopped in mid-sentence when he saw that the girl was unceremoniously shoving chicken legs into her mouth with her fingers.

'You don't seem to understand how to raise a young lady,' Dazai chuckled derisively. He snatched the fork from the dumbfounded Chuuya and sat down next to the girl. Then he carefully separated a small piece of meat from the bone, pinned it on a fork, and held it to her mouth. 'Open your mouth, honey,' the girl obeyed. 'Great. Now try to do it yourself.'

'What age category's movies did you watch to learn how to do this?' Chuuya turned away in disgust and began to wash the dishes.

'Unlike a loser like you, I learn everything in practice.'

'Pervert. Don't you dare show up at my house again!'

'In this realm of garbage? I wasn't even going to.'

'How dare you...'

'Delicious,' (Y/N) interrupted suddenly.

Two guys froze in surprise, looking at the girl about whom they had already forgotten. She had already finished everything on her plate, but her eyes shone as if her bottomless stomach still wasn't full. However, Chuuya cooked a double portion for her and it would be surprising if she still hadn't eaten enough.

'Then go wash your hands, and then choose something from my clothes. Going out in yesterday's clothes won't be good.'

The girl silently bowed, thanked for the food and left the room.

'Isn't she cute?' Dazai gave her a fatherly smile.

'If she could do anything in this life, it would be wonderful,' Chuuya sighed wearily.