eight

Everyone seemed to be stuck in time as they just stared at the paramedics as they wrapped a sheet around Sadie's dead body and carried her into the van.

The police had dragged Millie out of Sadie's house.

Wyatt was sobbing in Sophia's arms and Jaeden was in the living room with a few other people.

Chosen was making everyone tea but it was clear he was broken.

He passed one to Jaeden who was staring into space.

"C-Chosen? Can I talk to you?" Jaeden asks, leaving his tea on the coffee table.

Chosen nods.

"Of course. C-Come on upstairs," He says.

Jaeden nods, and they both walk upstairs.

They sit on the bed for awhile, Chosen's crying and so is Jaeden.

When they've finally stopped, Jaeden clears his throat.

"I think Wyatt loved Sadie," He whispers staring into space.

A confused look spreads across Chosen's face.

"Jaeden, no-"

Jaeden shakes his head, biting his lip.

"I'm not trying to be selfish but I think they were making out when I came a-and they were holding hands and everything,"

Chosen looks at the broken boy beside him.

He sits up on the bed, sighing.

"Wyatt's always been a player but you're the love of his life, Jae. You're probably just picking it up wrong," Chosen speaks, calmly.

Jaeden tries to nod but tears fall out of his eyes, and before he knows it he's having a full on panic attack in Sadie Sink's spare bedroom at 1Am at the start of July in the middle of Las Angeles.

"D-Do you know how hard it feels when you've liked someone for so long, maybe not even for that long but you've known them for so long and they've completely taken over you're life and they're the only thing that keeps you going a-and then they just don't like you back? Reject you even?! A-and you have to pretend you're alright a-and he's just confessed his feelings for me and then he goes of with a girl that just died!" Jaeden yells.

Chosen looks at him in shock before nodding.

"Yes. I know how that feels like. I think a lot of people do, actually," He says, playing with the strings of his hoodie.

Jaeden takes a deep, long-needed breath.

"I-I'm sorry," He stutters out.

Chosen shakes his head before wrapping his arms around the shaking boy.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Jae. I'm glad you told me. You can always talk to me, bub," Chosen pulls away with a light smile on his face.

Jaeden nods, a faint smile on his lips.

"You're a great friend, Cho."

—————————————————

Most people had gone home, Sadie's parents had been called and they were staying with her.

The ten teens all stayed the night in the cold, empty place.

Noah woke at 11, stretching and yawning.

"Good morning, Daph-" He looks beside him and realizes his poodle isn't beside him.

He runs into the bathroom and splashes on his eyes.

"I-It wasn't a dream?" He says but it comes out more like a question.

Caleb comes in with two cups of coffee.

"Figured you be up," He says, leaving the coffee on the bedside table.

Noah sits down, shaking a bit.

"So it wasn't a dream?" He asks, his voice shaking.

"Last night was crazy. Sadie was about to expose M- God I can't even say that bitches name!" Caleb sighs, rubbing his forehead.

Noah rubs his back.

"It's okay, Cal. She's in jail. And I know Sadie's dead but her spirit will always be with us."

Caleb shakes his head.

"Yeah, she died in her house. We're IN her house, dumbass!"

Noah whines.

"You know what I mean, asshole!" Noah storms out.

——————————————————————

Jaeden sits up on the sofa, mindlessly flicking through the channels.

Wyatt walks in, nothing but a dressing robe and slippers on.

Jaeden looks at him, but turns away.

"Good morning, Princess," Wyatt smirks, going to make himself some coffee.

Jaeden ignores him, biting his lip hard.

Wyatt stands at the end of the couch.

"You ignoring me or you just too invested in some reality show?" Wyatt asks.

Jaeden blushes, and turns around to see him.

Jaeden notices his dressing robe.

It has the initials S.S.

"T-That's Sadie's dressing robe," Jaeden sucks in some air as he says it.

"I-I know," Wyatt whispers.

Jaeden gets up, blinking furiously.

"Y-You were in love with her weren't you?" He asks, trying not to cry.

"Jae, no-" Wyatt begins but Jaeden runs out of the kitchen, tears streaming down his face.

—————————————————

hey, this chapter sucks but i'm really not okay right now so eh? anyway, i'm going to do a few more chapters off this book and then stop it because i have a new book i'd like to publish and it's a jyatt one! but anyway, i'm sorry it's really bad i'm pretty much falling apart rn lol but writing helps me so ig i'll be doing a lot more of it in the next few days. -L🧚🏻‍♀️