twelve

¡Longest Chapter in this book!

Jaeden opened the door of the backseat and sat down inside the car.

"Hey, Jaeden! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Erin smiles as he puts on his seatbelt.

Wyatt smiles.

"We good to go?" He asks and Jaeden nods, and he starts driving.

They make small talk as Wyatt drives on.

"Thanks for the ride," Jaeden says, after there's been a bit of an awkward silence.

Wyatt laughs.

"No problem. Besides, Erin's really wanted to the chance to meet you. She's always wanted a gay best friend!"

Jaeden's smile suddenly drops.

Erin's grinning at him and Wyatt keeps driving.

Jaeden decides not to respond and a few minutes later, Wyatt pulls into a gas station.

He's about to go and get gas when Erin grabs his hand.

"I'll fill it! I have to go and touch up my makeup, anyway!" She smiles, getting out and puts the gas in the car.

Wyatt smiles and turns on the radio.

Jaeden sits back, sighing.

Wyatt turns the radio down a bit.

"What's up? You've been awfully quite!" Wyatt asks, turning around, his voice soft and curious.

Jaeden rolls his eyes, looking at him.

"You should know."

Wyatt bites his lip.

Jaeden suddenly looks mad.

"We haven't talked properly in a year and suddenly you're talking to me like I'm your best friend! We need to talk about what happened!" Jaeden yells quietly.

Wyatt breaths in.

"I'll talk to you at the hotel. Not right now. Erin can not find out about us- I mean, the past," He bites his lip and turns away.

Jaeden ignores him as Erin comes back into the car with snacks.

He puts in his airpods and stares out of the window for the rest of the trip.

——————————————

They arrive at the hotel two hours later and Jaeden hops out straight away, dragging his suitcase with him.

Wyatt and Erin follow, hand-in hand.

They walk into the lobby and find Sophia, Chosen and Noah sitting down on some arm chairs, talking.

Finn's trying to pull Jack into the bathroom but Jack's refusing.

Sophia runs over to them.