nine

Sadie's funeral happened two days later.

Everyone came and it felt like days went on as they sat there, grieving her but it was really only an hour.

Wyatt and Sophia gave a little speech about her and Jaeden couldn't even stand to look at him while he said it.

It made him feel sick to his stomach that he was jealous but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He sat in between Jeremy and Noah who were both equally upset but kept an eye out for Jaeden.

After the funeral, everyone came back to Sadie's house.

All of her family and famous friends were making tea and coffee and sandwiches.

Jaeden sat in a corner and refused to talk to anyone.

Chosen sat beside him on the kitchen floor.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks but he already knew the answer.

Jaeden shook his head.

"Just go, Cho. Go talk to people," Jaeden says, sniffing a bit.

"Come on, there's more to life than silly boys! Hey, I heard Soph say that Gaten and Cal are doing karaoke in the gaming room, wanna go in and watch or even sing?" Chosen asks.

Jaeden nods; wiping his eyes.

"Yeah, I deserve better than some asshole like him."

Chosen smiles, walking into the gaming room.

——————————

A few days later, Finn, Sophia, Jaeden, Wyatt, Gaten, Noah and Chosen were in Sadie's room going through her stuff since her parents couldn't seem to face it.

"Hey! Look," Finn exclaims, "It's Sadie's notebook!"

Everyone looks around from what there doing to see Finn holding a red, small book.

"Oh my god- Sadie used to have everything written in that book!" Noah says in shock, sitting on the bed.

Everyone nods and Finn flicks through it.

"Noah, do you remember the time when you asked-" Finn begins but Noah laughs, embarrassed.

"Don't you dare read that out, Finnlard!" He yells.

"Noah asked Katy Duncan out today- It didn't go well. She turned him down because she only likes jocks, apparently. And then Noah pretended to be a jock for two weeks until he got sent to hospital with a broken arm from play football. Just remember to never lie about who you are," Finn stops and Noah's gone completely red and everyone's giggling.

"You really did that?" Wyatt asks and Jaeden looks at him but when he looks back, Jaeden looks away.

Caleb clears his throat.

"I found Sadie's old summer dress. She wore it all the time when she was with us, surely one of us should keep it?" He asks.

Everyone nods and Wyatt pipes up.

"I'll take it," He offers.

Everyone nods but Caleb looks at Jaeden with a confused expression.

Jaeden looks away, blinking back tears of anger.
—————————————

It was 9pm and it was just Jaeden, Finn and Wyatt left cleaning up.

Finn's phone buzzes and he mouths that he has to take it and leaves the room.

Jaeden just continues what he's doing even though he can feel eyes on him.

He takes a cup up from the counter but Wyatt grabs his hand.

Jaeden pulls away, glaring at him.

"What's wrong?" Wyatt asks, biting his lip.

"You know what's wrong, Wyatt. I think we should break up," Jaeden looks away as he says it.

"We were never together?" Wyatt asks confused.

Jaeden drops the cup and the glass splatters around the floor.

You could have heard a pin drop that moment.

Jaeden glares at him.

"I hate you," He whispers before running out.

Wyatt blinks back tears and begins picking up the glass.

"Wyatt! Guess what!! Me and Jack are going to London for a weekend away next week!"

Wyatt groans.

Finn's still here.

——————————————

hey, sorry this is terrible but i'm thinking about taking a break from writing for awhile. my mental health is awful and i feel like no one cares about me or this book anymore so, if i do decide to take a break, i'm sorry.

  bye for now, -L🧚🏻‍♀️