Chapter 2

"Cinderpaw!" Cinderpaw turned her head to see Talonkit bounding over to her, his ginger tail sticking up in the air.
"Hello Talonkit." She purred.
"How was your first day training?" He asked with a little bounce.
"It was great! Morningsun showed me the territory and taught me how to hunt." She said.
"Did you catch anything?" He asked.
"Not today I didn't." She admitted.
"Probably because you're so clumsy you'd scare all the prey from here to the island." Cake a mocking voice. Cinderpaw turned to see Hawkkit walking over to them, hit tail in the air and an arrogant gleam in his eyes.
"I didn't ask for your opinion." Cinderpaw retorted hotly. She hated Hawkkit. She couldn't believe he was litter-mates with Talonkit, who she was very fond of. "Why don't you go to the nursery and play moss-ball." Cinderpaw suggested.
"Don't tell me what to do." Hawkkit snarled.
"Then stay out of my fur and mind your own business!" Cinderpaw snapped, her fur fluffing up. Talonkit looked between the two quarreling cats, looking stunned.
"Why don't you leave Cinderpaw alone Hawkkit and go find your mother?" Cinderpaw whipped around to see Falconstar padding up to them.
"Why should I? She started it!" Hawkkit objected.
"Maybe you're jealous that she's an apprentice and we have to wait." Talonkit suggested with a bit of humor. Hawkkit turned on him and bared his teeth.
"That's enough you two. Go find Leafstrike in the nursery." Falconstar meowed. Talonkit nodded to his father, flicking his tail for Hawkkit to follow. Hawkkit followed slowly, shooting a glare over his shoulder. Falconstar turned to Cinderpaw. "I understand my son can be a bit hotheaded. Just try to keep out of his way. I don't like fighting between clan mates." He meowed. Cinderpaw dipped her head to her clan leader, feeling nothing but respect for him. She noticed that Creekpelt was watching their conversation with narrowed eyes, as if she were calculating something. "Morningsun tells me your first day went well." He added, changing the subject.
"Er... it did." Cinderpaw meowed.
"Good. I can see you will be a great asset to the clan." Falconstar praised. Cinderpaw lowered her head, feeling hot under her fur. "Keep up the good work." He meowed before padding off. He flicked her ears with his tail as she passed. Cinderpaw watched him go. Falconstar was very friendly to her, and she wondered why he wasn't as interested in the other apprentices. He never usually had a one on one conversation with Graypaw or Splashpaw. She felt honored, but also a little flustered as to why. She chose to ignore it as she went to check the elders for ticks.

(Note; nothing weird is going on between Falconstar and Cinderpaw. He has a higher interest in her based off of past events, as will be revealed later on)