Chapter 5: New allies... I ain't a furry if I save Orla, right

"What's that on your neck?" I said questioning an odd symbol or crest on Orla's neck. "It's my... slave curse. It's so I stay in order for my master." I was right about the slavery thing. "Who's your master? Was it one of the bandits?" I said pulling the empty wagon. Surprisingly it's not too heavy. "Y-Yes." She timidly replied. "Now that he's dead, aren't you free to go?" I said looking back at her. She was silent for awhile before answering, "Well... you are." Which has me choke on air. "Elaborate."

"Well, the slave pact makes me work uncontrollably for whoever my master is, but if my master were to die, the pact would go to whoever killed them." She explained the slave pact a bit better. "Huh, shit. Hmm, let's find a way to get that pact released then you can go off or whatever." I said while dragging the wagon to a village called Direminster. I planned on dropping her off there but from what's be told to me, I think it's better to keep her with me. Apparently "Demihumans" are hated and discriminated here, treated as slaves and dirt. I don't think saying that she should follow me, a human, would be a good idea due to her slave life. "Explain these... Demihumans to me." I asked her, "Demihumans are people that have some kind of animalistic aspect. Something like ears and, or a tail. Usually mammal parts." She explained to me, which did help me grasp the concept. I'm finally able to see Direminster now I'm finally outside the forest.

"Hey, there's a town down there. We're gonna make a stop there." I said making my way to the town. When we got there I saw people going about their lives happily. The town is mainly wooden buildings, but some were made of stone and looked like restaurants or something special. "Hey, Orla, cover yourself with that cloak I gave you. Hide your animalistic parts." I whispered to her so we can lighten any possible trouble, I also equip my chainmail to look less noticeable since fine suits aren't a thing yet. Finding a place to park the wagon and an Inn to sleep at plus a meal for each of us, I start to plan out what we're gonna do here. 'I wonder if there's anything around here that can undo a slave pact.' I thought while formulating what to do. I started to become frustrated in my thoughts, so I decided to go to a pub that doubles as an adventurer guild. Weird shit I know.

Ordering some beers and relaxing a bit while also making a plan, I overheard some people through my frustration. "You guys know about that one dungeon- Uh what was it called, um, the one that grants five wishes to whoever gets to the bottom-urrrrrf-" Some guy said before being answered by some girl. "You mean the Orlestinin Dungeon?", "Yeah that one! I heard something like-uh- Oh, a group of silver adventurers tried to conquer it and ended up all dying!", "Oh dear. It's a real shame, apparently it's adamantite level but every adamantite adventurer doesn't care enough to do it and everyone else is too weak to do it." Guess I know what I'm gonna be doing then. Ordering a bottle to go and walking back to the Inn where we're staying at, I feel eyes glaring into my back.

When I looked behind me I didn't see anyone. When I looked forward some blue haired girl was right in front of my face. I jumped back and landed on my ass while juggling the bottle trying to catch it. Once I was able to get a firm grasp on the bottle I looked back up at the girl. "What the hell are you doin'! You almost made me drop my precious alcohol!" I yelled staring up at her. She was hanging from her legs wrapped around a hung sign. She had grown blue hair, blue lapis eyes, a dark oceanic blue cloak, and a silver tag around her neck. "Hi there! Couldn't help but notice you overhear that adventurer duo talking about the dungeon. When you left I thought that you might be heading for that place, am I right? So! I'm either here to warm you to stay away from there, or I can join you! What do you say?" The spastic blue gremlin said. The fuck is up with this chick! She's insane! Actually that offer isn't too bad. 'I'm a horrible babysitter! So if I have this chick babysit then I can go down and nuke the dungeon without having my neck snapped trying to keep watch on Orla! I'm a genius!' I thought out her offer. I decide that it'll be a yes.