Chapter 4

"I'm heading to bed you two, don't get too wild," Stan's mother spoke. It was just after 10, being 2 hours since both Stan and Kenny got home. Sharon was doing paperwork for work while the two of them played in their world for Minecraft.

"Kay mom, we won't," Stan replied. Sharon headed upstairs where Stan's father already was. He had gotten home just 30 minutes ago. Randy had ditched the farm after a good 4 years, saying it was 'Getting too hard to handle', that's how he liked to put it. Even if Stan knew it was a different reason. So it was right around age 14 when they moved back into town. His father got his old job back as a Geologist a few months later.

Stan felt something hit his shoulder the second after his mother's footsteps were out of earshot. He looked down to see Kenny laying his head down on it. He smirked as his face got warm.

"Damn, I'm so tired," Kenny mumbled. He watched the screen in front of him, eye's half closed. Stan let out a soft laugh. He brought an arm around Kenny. Stan took the blonde's remote out of his hands. He set it down on the coffee table. The noirette saved the game and set his own remote down. 

"You wanna go to bed?" Stan asked, his voice soft. Kenny nodded against his shoulder.

"Yeah... But how will this all work, who sleeps where?" Kenny asked tiredly.

"You can take my bed, I can take the floor. I don't want you to sleep on the floor," Stan said. He knew what Kenny would respond with.

"We can share the bed, I don't want to feel like I'm disrespectful by saying you have to sleep on the floor," Kenny replied. He lifted his head away from the comfort of Stan's shoulder.

"Hehe, knew it," Stan chuckled. He gave Kenny another soft side squeeze. "That's fine with me. Let's head upstairs and get settled in," Stan finally agreed. He got up, lifting Kenny up with him. The noirette brought him upstairs to his room. He pushed his jarred door open. The light from the hallway peeked into the dark room. It was enough light for Stan to flick the light switch.

Stan let Kenny go, not wanting to come off weird if he kept his arm around the blonde any longer. Even if he was just comforting Kenny in a way. Stan watched Kenny head towards the bed as he closed the door. He followed shortly after when the door was shut. "You get your spot first. I don't wanna take where you feel more comfortable," Kenny spoke. The tired tone in his voice was prominent.

Stan was quick to climb into his spot, which was more middle but on the edge of his bed. Kenny climbed in and kept his fair distance from Stan. "Shit," Stan muttered. Kenny looked over at him as he was about to lie down.

"What's up?" Kenny asked softly. He looked down at Stan to see his sapphire eyes look up at him, almost pleading for something.

"I forgot to turn the TV off downstairs, and we need the fan on and the lights off up here," Stan said. He huffed. "Can you shut the TV off, Ken?" he asked softly. He sat up and kept his gaze locked with Kenny's, watching that straight face of his turn into a bit of a smirk.

"Alright. I'll turn off the light when I'm back up here," Kenny said. He made sure to not hurt Stan as he climbed over him. He was out the door within seconds. Stan got up and turned on the fan. It had turned into a bit of a habit that he needed something with a soothing sound in his room. It also helped keep his room cool on those hot nights in the summer when the Rockies got em'. Stan switched it on a low frequency then crawled back under the covers. 

He closed his eyes restfully, waiting for Kenny to come back. The lights suddenly went off, and the door was closed shut, making a soft 'click' noise. Stan stayed still as he felt the bed shift in weight next to him. Kenny was back and Stan smiled. "Don't tell me you're already asleep," Kenny said, his tone slightly huffy.