nine

n i n e - // H A R R Y //

My body feels as if it can't make any movement. I can hear his footsteps making my way, which doesn't help my situation. I stay in the same running stance as I was before as I hear his breathy laugh behind me.

"You think you're so clever," he says in that same deep voice. I finally get the courage to turn my body and see his face very close to mine. "Harry Styles. I've heard lots about you."

Before I could say anything, he walks back to the large room, waving his finger at me to tell me to follow. I obey and begin walking behind him hesitantly. "How do you know who I am?" I ask, my voice stuttering as I speak.

He laughs, turning to face me. "I know everyone that Zayn knows," he tells me. "See, Harry, Zayn was in love with Perrie, yeah? But after prison, he stopped. I'm the one making him get her, you see. I've been in love with Perrie ever since kindergarten, but she never noticed me, no one did. She always noticed other guys and girls but me." He takes a pause, rubbing his temple before taking a seat on one of the boxes. "I want her, okay?"

I try my best to not roll my eyes. "She's married with a daughter," I remind him. "There's no possible way for you to get her."

"I'm her coworker," he continues, seeming to ignore my statement. "And she still doesn't quite notice me unless Niall says something stupid while I'm near. It's absolute bullshit and all I want is for her to like me, y'know?"

"This isn't high school anymore," I tell him, my voice echoing against the walls of the large room. "She's a married woman who's going through so much. You're a business man, now. Succeed another dream that doesn't involve her. Get over her."

"It's not simple to get over a person like Perrie," he shouts, standing up and getting closer to me. "She's absolutely beautiful, mate. Haven't you seen her? Even now she's absolutely gorgeous. I can't get over a woman like her."

I sigh, rubbing my head. "Try," I say. "She's in love with Jade, 'aight?"

"Didn't you date Jade?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Then why aren't you upset?" he asks me, looking at me with a very sad, innocent look.

"Because I figured out that I'm gay and love my best friend," I tell him, smiling slightly. "I fell in love with Louis William Tomlinson and got over her. It was just a silly crush anyways. Y'know, high school crushes."

He just nods, but still seems frustrated. Then realization hits him. "You can get her for me," he says, seeming excited. "You know Perrie and Jade more than Zayn. You have more access to the both of them. I need you to get them here, please?"

I cringe, shaking my head. "I will not grab my two best friends and take them to some maniac I found in an abandoned building who's in love with Perrie," I shout, rolling my eyes. "I'm not bloody stupid."

His eyes flicker from excitement to anger. He gets closer to me, his fists clenching. "You do what I fucking say," he shouts, spit flying out of his mouth. I cringe as it hits me in the face and wipe it off.

"I am twenty years old, mate, I can do whatever I want," I tell him, rolling my eyes. I have to admit that he is quite terrifying at times, but he can't tell me to do. He's not my mom, right? I watch the veins basically pop out of his forehead, which makes me stifle a laugh.

He shakes his head. "You fear of Louis' death, am I correct?"

I nod my head subconsciously, but then realize what he means. Is he threatening to kill Louis if I don't? "You don't touch him, yeah?" I say, my voice getting louder.

He laughs like a maniac. "I won't if you get the girls."

My mind wanders. Does he look capable of murder? I look him up and down, examining his attire for the billionth time. He looks like a punk rock wannabe. It's like all of those punk bands thew up on him, along with Tumblr. But the way his face looks right now gives it away. He probably has killed someone before; and he's not afraid of doing it again.

"I'll do it."

He smirks at me and seems proud of himself. He takes his hand out of his pocket and offers it to me. As I shake his hand, he laughs again. "Pleasure doing business with you, Styles," he says. "If I don't see those girls here with you by Friday, little Louis will suffer the consequences, yeah?"

I nod my head at him. "Yeah," I mutter. He waves his hand, telling me it's time for me to leave. I nod again and quickly head out of the abandoned building. What have I gotten myself into?

-

HARRY YOU TRAITOR.

SORRY FOR THE SHORTNESS, WHOOPS.