6

Kiara's Point of ViewI was in the university campus cafe sat with my classmates Regina and Nathan

I was in the university campus cafe sat with my classmates Regina and Nathan. I was eating my lunch and texting Jermaine. Since he asked me on a date, we've been non-stop calling and texting each other. My friends had noticed how happy I was these past few days and I was literally glued to my phone messaging Jermaine during lecture.

"Kiara get off your phone man!" Regina said snatching the phone out of my hand.
"Regina!" I exclaimed leaping over the table and grabbing my phone out of her hand.

"Who's the guy then?" Nathan asked chuckling.
"What makes you think there's a guy?" I said smiling at my phone not even realising it.
"Is your mum texting for you to be smiling like this?" Nathan joked.
"Ha ha very funny" I replied sarcastically, "His name is Jermaine" I added.

"Jermaine Powell?" Regina said raising her eyebrows for confirmation.
"Yeah" I replied frowning.
"The drug dealer!" She exclaimed almost spitting out her drink.
"Is that what he is?" I said sarcastically already knowing what he does since Byron told me everything.

It was also kind of obvious to me with the way he presents himself. He wears designer like it's everyday clothes. I have expensive clothes and shoes too but, I only wear them when I'm going out or on special occasions.

Byron informed me that Jermaine is the biggest drug dealer in ends and if you're seen with him, people want to know who you are. Especially if it's a girl.

"Since when do you fuck with niggas like him? I mean he is peng I can't lie. It's definitely an upgrade from that piece of shit ex of yours Tyler" Regina said excitedly.
"Listen, it's been a couple of days let's not get carried away" I replied shaking my head and chuckling.
"You are even lucky he's giving you the time of day because no one has seen him with a different girl in ages. He's always with that Harmony chick" Regina said.
"Is that his girlfriend?" I asked just to make sure Jermaine wasn't taken and still pursuing me. I'm not a home wrecker and never will be.

"Nah they broke up time ago but I guess they're still friends" Regina said biting into her sandwich.

I got the feeling that Jermaine and Harmony were more than just friends and Regina confirmed it. For some reason, Regina knows everyone's business due to her having a lot of friends. I'm always careful with what I say to her because of this.

I didn't want to overthink before things between me and Jermaine had even started so I just shrugged it off.

••• Later on in the Day •••

"Shaylaaa I don't know what to wear!" I moaned whilst violently rummaging through my wardrobe trying to find items of clothing.

Shayla had come over to my house to hang out and help me pick what to wear for my date tomorrow with Jermaine. I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to food, clothes and basically everything so I needed one of my friends to help me.