7

Jermaine's Point of View
"Any of you man have any idea who could have killed Loose?" I asked Demz, Flacko, Leyton, Rich and JT.

"I do" Flacko replied rolling a zoot.
"Who?"
"Ezekiel"

I instantly frowned and shook my head. "Zeke? Nah, there's no way. We squashed our beef years ago"

Me and Zeke used to be partners when we first started selling drugs as teenagers. Out of the both of us, I was always the more rational and smart one. Zeke was just a hot head and it got him into a lot of trouble.

He got jealous when I started doing my own thing and making more money than him. We became rivals and he turned against me.

I didn't wanna beef him but he left me no choice when him and his crew started robbing me and putting hits out on my people. They tried stabbing JT but failed and ended up slashing his face. As pay back, Demz shot and killed one of his boys, Haze and I stabbed and killed his boy Marco.

This back and forth beef went on for 2 years and it got tiring. I never wanted it in the first place. Me and Zeke made a deal to end it, sell drugs in our own ends and keep out of each other's way. We haven't crossed paths for 3 years since so for him to kill Loose out of nowhere is confusing to me.

"Jermaine, you two were at war for a whole 2 years! I killed Haze remember" Demz said flicking through Netflix on the smart TV.

"How could I forget? You videoed shooting him in the head and then sent it to all of us!" I said laughing and everyone joined in.

"Yeah. you are truly tapped for that Demz" Leyton added.

"It don't make sense for Zeke to retaliate now though. That's not how he moves" I said frowning.

"You don't know him now. He's not the same guy he was 5 years ago" Flacko said lighting his zoot.
"Fam, I heard from my cousin that Ezekiel cut off his boys pinky finger for stealing his paper" Rich said.

"Do you man really think he could have killed Loose?" I asked addressing everyone.

They all nodded in agreement and I sighed.

"Who's your cousin Rich?" I asked.
"His name's Joivan, why?"
"Does he know Zeke? He can help us get to him"
"He doesn't but he knows Reece who's part of Zeke's crew"

"Aight. Rich, your job is to find out from your cousin where Reece is gonna be tomorrow night so we can make a move on him to get info about Loose's death" I told him sternly and he nodded at me. "Going after Zeke without knowing for certain isn't smart so we need to be sure first" I added.

"Why tomorrow?" Flacko said frowning.
"I've got a date tonight" I said standing up.
"You? A date?" JT said raising his eyebrows.
"Yeah man" I said looking at all of them.

They all burst out laughing and I kissed my teeth shaking my head at them. "What's funny?" I said smirking.

"Jermaine since when do you go on dates?" Flacko said laughing.
"I always go on dates, I just don't tell you man" I said chuckling.
"Who's the girl?" He asked taking a drag of his zoot.
"Her names Kiara and she's nice" I said smiling thinking about her.
"Look at him, this guys in love already!" Flacko said laughing louder and they all joined in again.
"Ay shut up man!" I said pushing him.

"Wait, ain't that the girl from the party who's number you wanted me to get for you?" Demz asked.
"Yeah, that's her"
"Is she peng Demz?" Flacko asked.
"Sweet one!" He said smirking.

I just shook my head at them as they laughed. "So, if you're taking this Kiara girl out, can I have Harmony?" Leyton asked.
"No, stay away from her" I said chuckling.
"But-"
Before Leyton could finish his sentence I cut him off, "No bro, she's off limits. You know that" I said being serious this time.