10

Kiara's Point of View
It's been three days since Jermaine tried to call me and I haven't spoken to him since. He's been calling and texting me but I've just ignored them all.

After my encounter with Harmony, it's made me question things. Why would she act that way if what she said wasn't the slightest bit true? Maybe Shayla was right and she is crazy but Jermaine and Harmony were together at the party a few weeks ago.

When I feel some type of way, I tend to distance myself from people and that's what I was doing to Jermaine. He's called me twice this morning and I just let my phone ring each time.

I'm not a home wrecker so if they are together, they should do exactly that and leave me out. I was fine before I met Jermaine and I will be after, period.

I lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling whilst listening to the music that was playing softly on my speaker. My LED strip lights that were stuck to the edges of my walls were on the colour blue which set the mood and relaxed me. I closed my eyes hoping to drift off into a deep sleep then all of a sudden, my phone pinged.

Jermaine
Come out of your yard I'm outside

As soon as a I read the message, I quickly ran to my bedroom window and peaked through the blinds to see a Mercedes Benz parked in front of my house. For fucks sake

Jermaine has two cars. His blacked out Range Rover évoque and Mercedes Benz C class. He chooses which one he drives depending on his mood. He told me he's planning on getting his third car soon. That's when I realised how much money he really had and he's only 20 years old.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to go out to him but I missed seeing his face. I sighed and checked how I was looking in my full length mirror. I applied Vaseline to my lips and put on my black dressing gown. I slipped my feet into my Ugg sliders and made my way downstairs.

My parents were at work so it was just me and Tia at home as per usual. I opened the front door and walked to Jermaine's car and got in the passenger seat.

I didn't say a word to him. I just faced the window and crossed my arms.
"You can't say hi nah?" He said looking at me.

"Hi" I said being as blunt as possible.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Wanna go for a drive?" He asked me placing his hand on the steering wheel.

"You do what you wanna do" I said avoiding eye contact.

"What's up with you Kiara?" He said with frustration in his voice.

"Nothing"

"You've been ignoring me for 3 days, did I do something?" He said sighing.

"You didn't do anything" I said crossing my legs.

"There's clearly something wrong. I won't know if you don't talk to me" He said scratching his head.

He was right. I was being stubborn when this could easily be resolved. I sat there for a few seconds contemplating in my head and then decided to just tell him.

"Your girlfriend" I uttered finally looking at him.

"Girlfriend?" He said sounding confused.
"Harmony"

He kissed his teeth when I said her name and held his head in his hands. "What did she do?" He asked sounding angry.

I told him everything that she said to me and he groaned, "This girl man"

"Are you two together? Because if you are, I'll be on my way" I said sternly.

"We ain't together"