15

Byron and Kiara were chilling at her house in the living room eating Chinese food and watching a film on Netflix. It's been a while since they've had a movie night and Kiara missed her best friend.

"You're birthday's coming up, what you doing for it?" Byron asked her eating a prawn cracker.

Kiara's birthday was coming up in a week and she didn't have anything planned. It was on a Saturday too which was perfect to do something. She was just going to stay in or go out to eat at a restaurant.

Birthdays weren't a big deal to her and she didn't like celebrating them too much. For her 18th, her mum and dad threw her a surprise birthday party which she knew about. They weren't really discreet with it.

"Absolutely nothing." Kiara replied shaking her head.

"What do you mean nothing? You have to do something." He insisted.

"I'm turning 19, it's not that deep. The most I'll do is go out for a meal." She replied focusing on the tv.

"Nah man, I can pattern you an apartment, we invite people and there you go. Enjoyment!" He said flashing his white teeth.

"Byron, no" She replied shutting him down.

"I'm not taking 'no' for an answer, you're having an apartment. I announced it on snap so you can't back out now!" He said showing Kiara his phone.

"Byron take it down." She said in a serious tone.

"Nah, I've already got like 100 views and people have popped up to me about it." Byron replied texting.

Kiara tried grabbing his phone off him and Byron dodged her attempts successfully.

"I'm not letting you sit at home on your birthday Kiara. Have some fun init." He said trying to convince her.

"Fine! But no more than 50 people and don't invite bare girls for you're friends to fuck. I don't wanna walk into a room to see someone's daughter being penetrated violently!" Kiara replied feeling traumatised.

"Alright, I got you" Byron said laughing.

They continued to watch the film and Kiara was receiving messages from people about the apartment. She rolled her eyes not bothering to open them as Byron was the one organising everything.

This meant that Kiara had to order a birthday outfit, heels, accessories and book a hair appointment. She went online and began her search for a dress.

_____
_____

There's one gift that Kiara really wanted for her birthday and that was a car. She's been pestering her dad about it for months and he's dismissed her each time saying that he'll think about it.

Her birthday was in 3 days now so she was really applying pressure on her dad about the car she wanted. Kiara has been showing him pictures and bringing it up any chance that she gets when he's around.

"Dad, look" she said placing her phone directly in his face showing him a picture of the car.

"I know what it looks like. It's glued in my brain that's how many times you've showed it to me." Her dad replied shaking his head.

"But you've not said if your gonna get it for me or not." Kiara said sulking and crossing her arms.

"Like I've said plenty of times, I'll think about it." He replied focusing on the tv watching the news.