I Like You

It was like regular day of College in St-Louis, students were bunking class and hanging out in canteen while some were attending it seriously. The Gang had entered their classroom & while proceeding to take their seats, they found a rose placed on their tables. They scanned the classroom only to find each & every student of having a flower on their table. Despite that little weird but sweet present, they shrugged of their thoughts and sat as soon as their professor had entered the room.

"Good morning class, hope you've liked my little surprise!" -she asked in jovial tone.

The class murmured among each other while having confused yet surprised expressions.

"Hey! Don't be surprised. These roses are for you but, you will decide to whom you'll offer it. Each one of you have a different color of flower. They signify a different meaning from one another. You will just have to figure out, that for whom you have such feelings or thoughts and hence then you'll offer it to that supposed person." -she finished.

All of them stared at one another awkwardly had stared back at their professor.

"What are you all waiting for? Come on!" -she ordered.

While Rey was moving forward to give his rose to destined person, he stopped in his tracks seeing a random classmate of his giving a rose to Kriya but what bothered him was that, the guy had hugged Kriya as she accepted the flower. Thought Rey couldn't endure this sight, before he could do something Kriya had moved back quickly as she felt a little at discomfort.

As soon as she turned, she was face to face with Rey & both shared an eye-lock. Suddenly, Kriya felt a different kind of rush in her blood & forward it the rose in her hand to Rey. What stunned him that it was a Light Pink Rose that she was giving him. Which defined like & admiration.

Before he could say something, she spoke first.

"I always thought we could be nothing but enemies, but after everything that has happened between us. Finally, we had made peace. We formed a great friendship that I feel that no one apart from you can deserve this." -she said indicating at the flower.

"Just to say, that I've always adored you for you passion & dedication towards whatever you do, I don't wish to see this side of yours to disappear. Specially not my Chabilal" -she whispered softly at the last sentence.

As she ended, she quickly turned back to sit on her seat but he was quick enough to hold her wrist & stared at her intently while she felt her cheeks turn hue. He approached her while gazing at her hazel eyes which made her shy & closed her eyes. She felt him joining his hand with hers, closing her palm and quickly felt the skin disconnecting. She opened her eyes, only to find him back on his seat and the professor announcing everyone to sit back.

While she sat back a little confused, she looked back at her hand which held the rose he gave but what shocked her was, a Red Rose! She looked back at him only to find him giving her a lopsided grin and surprising her with a wink, making her heart fluttering and thus she adverted her gaze back at the teacher so that she could focus a little.

***

At the end of the lecture, all quickly packed their stuff & moved out of the class while Kriya was left behind as she was still packing but in slow pace & in a deep thought. Soon, she felt that she wasn't a look at her side only to find Rey leaning on his desk with arms crossed and staring at her. Before she could move out of her chair, he quickly blocked her way & leaned on her table still gazing her face. He blew air on her face making a strand of her hair move away from her face and she felt his breath on her skin.

"The red rose is for someone with whom I share a strong connection. Connection of passion. I've always liked you since we first met. And with passing days, it has only grown stronger. I like you Baat— Kriya, truly, madly & deeply."

Before she could register what he had said, he quickly left the room not wanting to see her reaction fearing she might get angry. But as soon as she left, her thoughts went back on his words & their moments since their first meet. She slowly started to realize that what they have, it's something much more then just platonic friendship.

She smiled at that thought and shook her head, picking up her bag & books also the special red flower, she left the classroom.

Anyone can love a Rose.
But no one will love a leaf that,
Made the Rose
Don't love someone who is beautiful
But love the one who can make your life beautiful.

~*Happy Rose Day!*~

@SarafWasima