On My Knees

The Weaklings were practicing a random routine when one by one all got exhausted. Kriya sat down beside Swayam & both were discussing about something when Sharon burst into the RH in her siren mode followed by Rey, just as she was about to make an announcement to make everyone aware of their presence, she noticed maybe for the first, Swayam was laughing whole heartily but what annoyed her that she wasn't the reason for his joy. Also, she noticed Kriya face palming & turning pink, making her even more frustrated and thus she turned back on her heels and quickly exited leaving Rey.

Whereas, Rey was lost in Kriya's smile & came back on earth when he heard Swayam calling out his name. He looked left & right, only to find Sharon gone & he just gave a sheepish smile to Swayam & cleared his throat.

"Actually I needed to discuss something with Kriya & you."

"Sure, give us 5, we'll change and be back" -said Swayam said and left.

Soon, within few minutes both arrived back while the remaining Weaklings Team members left.

Rey had assigned them some duties for which both had to stay back late, but as Swayam had to leave early as his father was in town. He left leaving a SMS for Rey, Kriya was still unaware of the new updates.

Rey entered the common room while she was still indulged in to work. She saw him & gave him a smile and got back to work.

Rey strode towards her direction, but walked past her & walked to the music system. He played a random soft tune earning her attention.

She looked at him quizzically & made him a "what" sign. He just shook his head & walked back towards her.

He sat beside her & helped her but kept stealing glances, she did caught him once or twice. He looked back at her again but this he found her glaring him & lifted her eyebrows. He just blew air on her face.

Hey Hey Ey Ey Ey Ey Hey Hey Hey Hey......

She got up to grab something but he stopped her, holding her wrist. She turned only to find him on one knee and his other hand asking for her hand as he left her wrist. She smiled with confusing & placed her palm in his.

He slowly got up & twirled her slowly, swayed left & right. Staring in her hazel orbs making her only look at him.

Tumhe Pata Toh Hoga, Tumhi Pe Main Fida Hoon
Tumhe Hai Jabse Chaaha, Hawaaon Mein Udata Hoon

He lifted her from back & twirled around, ending with a dip.

Tumhi Mere Har Pal Mein, Tum Aaj Mein, Tum Kal Mein
Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona....

He let her go & she turned back staring at him with shy smile but got back into work. Even thought she was into her duties her focus diverted to him.

Tumhe Pata Toh Hoga Ke Mere Dil Mein Kya Hai
Chalo Kahe Deti Hoon, Kabhi Nahi Jo Kahaan Hai

She recalled how he had spoken about his feelings for her on Rose Day & lifted her gaze only to find him gone & she banged the file in her hands on her head.

Tumhi Mere Har Pal Mein, Tum Aaj Mein, Tum Kal Mein
Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona....

He came back with a plate of chocolate pastry for his AGS, but as he couldn't grab her attention, he naughtily smudged some cake on her nose.

Tum Jo Ghussa Bhi Karo Toh Mujhe Pyaar Lagata Hai Jaane Kyun

She glared at him angrily, slapped his shoulder & turned her back towards him. While she was wiping the cake off, she let out a small smile which didn't go unnoticed by him as she was facing the mirror.

Main Toh Jo Bhi Kahu Tumhe Ikraar Lagata Hai Jaane Kyun

He gave her cute smile & touched his ear & whispered "sorry" to which she rolled her eyes & got back to work.

Chhodo Bhi Ye Ada, Paas Aake Jara, Baat Dil Ki Koi Keh Do Na
Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona....

***

Soon, they finished the job & were preparing to leave when suddenly, Kriya lost her balance & twisted her leg. Rey grabbed her arm, preventing her from falling. They shared an eye lock but came back from their dreamland when she winced in pain.

He made her sit on the dice cube chair, grabbed her foot & applied some pressure to check if she had sprained it or not. On her wincing, he felt the muscle going tense and she grabbed his shoulder, digging her nails into his skin.

He told her to relax & trust him. She nodded and tried to calm herself & closed her eyes while he grabbed this opportunity to twisted her foot again.

"Ouch!" she said but as she reopened her eyes, she felt no pain & got up quickly on her feet and jumped a little in happiness.

"Wow! Thanks Rey, you have magic in your hands!" -she said in gratitude.

"It's not magic Kriya, it's just acupressure. You should learn it someday." -he stated with a grin.

She just shook her head at his taunt, "Why are you still on your knees, don't you want to go home? Come on!"

She grabbed his hand but he didn't budge an inch and she gave him a questioning look.

"You wanted to see me like this right? Me bowing to you, so here I am, on my knees. For you."

Kriya's heart skipped a beat and she couldn't get the words to ask him.

"I know, you must be thinking, what am I saying & why. Honestly Kriya, I don't know myself. I just know that I want to be that person to hold your hand & say everything is gonna be alright. To be that person to know your deepest & darkest secrets. I want to be that person to support when you're about to fall. Also, I might sound a little selfish but I want to be the reason your beautiful smile."

He said that while examining her expressions, but he continued.

"Will you let me be that person?"

She retraced her steps and retrieved her palm from his and walked towards the door.

"Kriya! Atleast, answer me before leaving like this." -he stood up and called her from back.

She inhaled deeply and without turning back spoke out, "If I haven't slapped you after your proposal, that means I didn't reject you.", saying so she quickly left with her cheeks turning crimson.

As she ran out of the room, he sighed with a smile & looked up as if thanking her Universe-Ji, and followed her out as he was the only source of transport for her at this hour. Only the Universe knows now, what might happen on their way home.

I don't know why I like you, I don't know why I feel sad on a day when I don't see your face, I only know one thing that I don't bear any meaning without you...

~*Happy Propose Day*~

@SarafWasima