Solace

Kriya was searching for Rey everyone in the college, she was wondering where could he be. From Canteen to Library, BB court to Terrace, she searched everywhere.

"If I were to be alone for some time, where would I be? Of course, fire exit!" -she figured and rushed towards it.

As soon as she arrived in fire exit, she slowly tip toed behind him & found him sitting on the stairs gazing at his family picture.

She thought not to disturb him and was about to take a leave when she heard him calling her out.

"Now that you've came here, won't you stay with me?"

He looked at her and then signed to sit beside him. Once she settled down, he breathed a long sigh and showed her the picture he had held.

"You see this, we were looking so happy in here. As if everything is fine and no wrong can happen to us." -he spoke in a low tone.

"But you know what Kriya, life isn't always perfect like what it seems. Look at you, you are lying to your mom so that you can hide your passion for dance. Sharon is lying to herself so that she can keep Swayam away from herself. And I—" -he stopped abruptly.

"And you Rey?" -she asked him to go on.

Rey couldn't help himself but quickly wiped that lone tear which escaped from his eyes, and spoke in a horsed voice, "My mom, she's not doing well. Dad has taken her to London for better medical treatment but I know, she doesn't have much time. I wish, I so wish to end all her miseries but I am helpless."

Kriya quickly placed a hand on his shoulder & hugged him tight. He nuzzled into her hair & weeped, he didn't need to fear that he was crying with the shouldered support of a girl but was glad that his friend was there to console him.

"I understand Rey, it is difficult to be normal when your closed ones are about to go far from you but never ever lose the hope of having them back as this world is dependent on hope only. We can all pray for the well being of someone but only you need to believe & hope that someday that someone will be all right."

He didn't say anything, just listened to her patiently & closed his eyes while hugging her.

A while later. she felt his weight a little heavier on her shoulder. She called him out but realized that he had fallen asleep. Not wanting to bother him, she took the support of the wall & leaned back properly while slowly placing his head on her lap. She quietly brushed her fingers in between his hair & slowly even she started to drift into slumber.

***

Soon Rey woke up as heard his phone vibrating in his pocket. He found 2 missed calls from Vicky and quickly texted him back but as he looked up, he found his Baatcutter still asleep & her head was about to fall, when he quickly held her. But due to the jerk she had wakened up & found herself to close to him. Both felt their breath on each other's face, and quickly adverted her gaze & stood up to leave.

Once she had reached the door, "Thanks Kriya, for being my support." -he said in gratitude. She just gave him a welcoming smile & left.

I love it when
I hug someone,
and just when
I'm about to let go,
They hug me even tighter.

~*Happy Hug Day!*~

@SarafWasima