Keeping My Words

Rey had finished his late night dance rehearsal & was heading back home, when he heard some commotion coming from the canteen.

As he went inside, he found a feminine figure hovering over the counter. He tried to go nearer so that he can have a look the face more clearly as the lights were off. The person felt someone behind her, and gave an elbow punch in Rey's stomach and once she turned, both screamed in unison.

"You?!"

"Kriya! What did you do?! You should've looked behind at least before attacking me!" -he groaned in pain.

"I'm extremely sorry Rey. But you were spooking like an intruder so my instincts just reacted in defense. Is it paining much?" -she asked in a concerned tone & gave him a glass of water. He drank hurriedly & almost choked on it, Kriya shook her head at his rush so rubbed & patted his back so that he can clear his lungs. He stiffed at her touches to which he almost let out a soft moan.

He quickly stopped her hand as he could feel his hormones rush in his blood.

"Thank you.... umm, may I know what are you still doing in college at this hour?"

"Actually, tomorrow it's Amar's birthday so I was baking a cake for him. I was cleaning the counter when you had entered." -she explained.

"Okay then. Let's go then, I'll drop you home."

"No Rey, it's fine. I'll go on my own, my house is nearby so no worries."

"Kriya, no matter at what distance your house might be. You shouldn't travel alone at night. Now no more discussion on this topic & let's move." -he grabbed her wrist while she quickly took her backpack.

He dragged her outside and was about to enter the car when he noticed the flat tire. "Shit." He muttered, he realized that he didn't have a spare tire too.

"Looks like I'll have to walk you home."

"But how will you go back home then? Wouldn't it be too far?"

"I'll take a bus or a cab, but let's get you home first."

They both started to walks towards the way of her house. While walking they were being followed by some roadside creeps, they were ogling at Kriya as if she was some food for the prey. Kriya felt highly uncomfortable as she wasn't used to such situations.

Rey hugged her from the side & gave her look of assurance, promising her to keep her safe & far from evil eyes. They kept walking like that, side by side & hand in hand.

Suddenly Kriya felt some water droplets falling on her forehead.

"Rey! I guess it's going to rain soon, we should make a run for it now."

They both started to run down the sidewalk, due to the slippery asphalt Kriya was about to trip when she felts Rey grabbing her from the shoulders.

Both of them shared an eye lock which was soon broken by the sound of the thunder storm. He then slipped his arm behind her waist and the other behind her knees.

While he was carrying her in bridal style, the rain showered heavily & both were completely drenched.

She kept clenching on him while shuddering due to cold. She didn't care to glance at him as she could feel her heart thumping out of her chest.

Soon, she felt her feet touching the ground & thus realizing that she had she reached her destination. She turned back towards Rey to thank him but as soon as she realized him staring at her, he quickly adverted his gaze. She took a glance at herself and found her dress hugging her body & her making it almost transparent. She quickly hugged herself & turned back when a tear rolled down her cheeks which didn't go unnoticed by him.

He approached her from behind & reached into her bag only to bring out large scarf & covering her with it. She looked at him by side and thanked him with a blink.

"Kriya, don't cry. These tears doesn't look nice in your big precious eyes. I promise you, you'll never feel embarrassed of yourself. Nor in front of me nor others."

He wiped her tears & told her to go inside. As she went in, he went towards the taxi stand near the building and hired a cab. As he was about to get in, he felt someone staring at him. Turning around he found her standing near the window of her bedroom. He smiled & waved her bye to which she waved back, once he got in the car & quickly was driven away, she smiled to herself & played with the raindrops for a while.

I can not promise to solve all your problems, I can only promise that I will never let you face them alone.

~*Happy Promise Day*~

@SarafWasima