10: A Walk Inside

Previously...

"Miss Son, I would like to encourage you to acknowledge that Mi Na sajangnim is a very well-known cold person according to many's eyes. I would also like to advise you to obey her rules at all times, since if you cross them, the consequences will permanently inflict heavy effects on your life forever." he sternly explained. Chaeyoung blinked rapidly, and slowly nodded with a big gulp.

"A-arasseo" she bowed. The receptionist nodded with a happy smile and pressed on the lift button to open the doors. The two of them waited patiently for the doors to move aside, and when a ting was heard, they opened, and much to their surprise, they were greeted by a lady standing strong while staring at them with her arms folded, specifically staring at Chaeyoung.

"Hello, Son Chaeyoung." the scarlet lady smirked.

-

"M-Mi Na..." the young girl widened her eyes upon discovering the woman in front of her in a very unexpected time. Hyung San was also startled that his boss wasn't lingering in her office unlike usually, and immediately stood sternly while trying to not panic.

"S-sajangnim" he smiled and bowed slowly. The scarlet lady folding her arms, standing before the receptionist and the guest, had herself backed up by six more staff members. There was a awkward and tense silence engulfing the space in the hotel lobby, since the guests were no where to be found, probably in their own rooms. Hyung San noticed Chaeyoung beside him. "Oh umm the girl with me is-" he tried to explain.

"I know what Son Chaeyoung looks like, Mr. Park." Mi Na scoffed, cutting the receptionist's sentence. She was still staring at the young girl with full interest. She hummed while eyeing the korean girl's features and smirked, then she scoffed it off and turned more serious again. "And as for you, Son Chaeyoung, what did I tell you yesterday? If you're going to work for me, you're going to address me the proper way you should do it." she huffed and flipped her bangs.

Chaeyoung was taken aback and just stood still as she tried to answer her.

"Ah yes....sajangnim." she sighed in defeat. She noticed how the staff members behind the scarlet lady had their heads hung low, as if they're somehow afraid of their own boss. She managed to shrug it off and continued looking at Mi Na.

"Arasseo, Mr. Park, return to your position. All of you, return to your positions as well." she sternly declared, and most of the lady's staff members quickly scurried back to their own work, all except for Mrs. Sana and Mr. Kim, who seemed to be knowing what they should do. "Mrs. Sana, kindly escort this young girl to her desk. Since she's new, I'll soon be showing her around this hotel if you do not mind at all." she instructed.

"Ne, algesseumnida." the female staff bowed with a smile and walked to Chaeyoung while maintaining her friendly and warm curved lips. "Allow me to escort you to your office, Miss Son." she looked at her, waiting for the young girl to answer. Chaeyoung nodded and soon she slowly followed the woman to her room. Soon, it was just Mi Na and Mr. Kang left. She looked at her bartender who seemed to be standing there doing nothing and widened her eyes.

"Why are you just standing there? Go continue serving our guests drinks." she scoffed and rolled her eyes. Mr. Kim then cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Sajangnim, if I may ask, is she the little girl you saved twenty years ago?" he raised his eyebrows in anticipation. Mi Na nodded nonchalantly without furthermore talking. "T-then what will happen to Mr. Lee? He has been the hotel's beloved manager for three decades. That's the longest time a manager has been servicing for us."