31: Sisters

Previously...

"M-Mi Na sajangnim, y-you're here." Chaeyoung blinked rapidly. Mi Na gave her a small chuckle and brushed some strands off the girl's forehead. "I didn't knew you would come here." she chuckled.

"Of course I'm here." Mi Na clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "Where else would I be? I'm here to save you." she breathed out. "Thank God you're okay." she sighed in relief. While she was checking on her, Mr. Kim approached them and looked at Chaeyoung with happiness in his eyes.

"Ah, thank the heaven above, you're safe, Miss Son." he held his head.

"Mr. Kim? I-I didn't know you can fight." Chaeyoung arched her eyebrows when she looked at the sword he was holding. Mr. Kim looked at his weapon and looked at her while shrugging.

"Are you insulting me, seriously?" he whined and groaned. Chaeyoung gave a little laugh while cupping her mouth. Mi Na rolled her eyes seeing the two, but soon her attention was distracted when she noticed a figure watching them from above. She immediately averted her eyes towards the figure, seeing that it was Lady Suli observing them while standing on a tower. She widened her eyes, their gazes met, but it was cut when Suli quickly turned her back on the lady, leaving her sight.

Mi Na gasped and immediately made the chase, but Chaeyoung stopped her when she held her hand, surprising the lady.

"W-where are you going, sajangnim?" Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, growing curious. Mi Na looked at the girl attentively, showing concern in her eyes. She then looked at Mr. Kim.

"Kim San Jeong, take care of Son Chaeyoung, don't let anyone harm her, algesseo?" she instructed firmly, and the bartender nodded sharply. "I'm going to see my sister." Mi Na stated, looking back at the direction Suli went. The lady immediately ran while Chaeyoung only watched her back, Mi Na soon vanishing from her sight, now only seeing the battle occuring in front.

Mi Na ran and ran, the atmosphere of the place so quiet and echoing her loud footsteps could be heard clearly as they multiplied themselves across the walls. She arrived at a dark and lonely room, so big it looked like a throne room, similar to the one she encountered in the lair earlier with Chaeyoung.

She had never been to this branch lair before in her entire life. This was so huge, something she had never seen before. But still, she had a feeling there definitely might be more of these places. Suddenly, the torch sconces began lighting up the fire around the walls, surprising the lady. Mi Na instinctually pulled out her sword.

She held the Balmong firmly while looking around, hoping she would find the person she was looking for, before she heard deep footsteps accompanied by sounds of metal plates. She turned to her right to see Suli walking further away from her. Mi Na widened her eyes and quickly chased her sister. She had to confront Suli. She had to save her only sister left, she had to try.

"Myoui Ji Won!" she called, stopping Suli from walking any further.

-

Suli stopped her footsteps, her left foot making the last one, and stayed still, silent, ominously calm. Mi Na grew more nervous, but soon she replaced such nervousness with bravery, clenching her free hand firmly while looking at the back of her younger sister, the only sister she had left. Mi Na took a deep breath and softly let it out in a small exhale, closing her eyes and reopening them again.