14: Melody

Previously...

"Prime Seeker." the dark shadowy figure in the portal mentioned the kneeling person's name.

"Yes, Lady Suli." he greeted the figure in the portal with full respect, his head still hanging low, his eyes not brave enough to look at the figure who was probably his master.

"You and your fellow comrades have done your tasks exceptionally well, and yet your quest remains incomplete, Seeker." the figure sternly said in a monotonous yet frightening tone, her voices echoing into the abyssal darkness. "The Lord has sensed more and more Mediums coming into birth. They are a valuable asset to The Horn, and he expects them to be brought to recruitment. Track down these Mediums and if they refuse to swear fealty to The Horn, terminate them without any survivors." she commanded.

"I understand, Lady Suli." the figure nodded and softly breathed out, a bit tired from the exhausting mission, but excited for his chance to do more chaos.

"These Mediums have their own ways of shutting themselves off from being sensed by us, and that would make it harder for you to track them. And for that, there is an artifact, an artifact that tracks down any Medium from anywhere, any distance. It is hidden in the safe of a desired bar in Seoul. Find that artifact, and your quest in finding these Mediums will be fulfilled. This is an order from our Lord, from my master." Lady Suli stated.

"And so I will fulfill that quest, Lady Suli. I will not fail you." the Prime Seeker proudly remarked.

"I will have your word, apprentice. Always acknowledge what I taught you. Success is rewarded with power, and failure is rewarded with death." Lady Suli warned him sternly, before disappearing along with the portal. The Prime Seeker stood up after listening to his master's instruction, and although it couldn't be seen as his face was covered by his mask, he was smiling.

"The Horn always prevails." he chanted to himself the chanting of his cult.

-

The orange-coloured taxi that brought Chaeyoung onboard parked itself perfectly in front of Scarlet Hotel. She felt grateful she had finally arrived sooner than expected. To be frank, Chaeyoung didn't quite enjoy her whole ride in the car- the smell of cigarettes was so pungent and awful she had to cover her nose partially with a towel while trying to behave politely. Without wasting her time any further, Chaeyoung opened the door after the driver has unlocked it for her, and she hurried herself to step out of the taxi.

She rummaged through her wallet, and paid the middle aged man, wearing a cap while bearing an unshaved beard with a few scars on his face, the right amount of money. She thanked him and didn't bother to look back after the taxi had started to drive away, focusing on her path in front of her, the hotel.

"This is my second day. Remember, Son Chaeyoung, your acquaintances are ghosts from now on, so your sanity is being tested as well." she reminded herself before proceeding to take a step further. She walked past several admirable species of flowers Mi Na planted in front of her hotel after admiring them too, not forgetting to take pictures of them, and found herself standing in front of the entrance door.

Opening the door, ignoring the rung bell from the swinging motion, Chaeyoung was once again greeted by the spooky aura radiating from the reception. It was still her second day, so the fact that the girl still had this uneasy feeling was still pretty much tolerable. The first thing the girl naturally looked for was the receptionist Hyung San, and he was already standing there in his position, smiling a friendly one.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Miss Son." Hyung San gladly greeted and bowed at her. Chaeyoung repeated the gesture and smiled confidently at him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Park." she said, and brushed some strands of her hair that were covering her eyes after she bowed previously. She put them behind her ears so that they wouldn't fall off easily again when she would be needed to bow again sooner or later. Chaeyoung then smiled one more time at the receptionist in front of her before deciding to walk to the lift, but Hyung San called her, which earned her attention.