21: The Terror Begins

Previously...

"Eomma, appa's right. It's okay to cry. I-I don't hate it." Tzuyu chuckled in disbelief. She stood behind her mom and looked at the mirror, and there was no reflection of hers, only her mom's, saddening her. "You know, eomma, you have to stop acting cold to appa and Luxin, they're just sa-"

Sobs.

Tzuyu was sure, she didn't doubt anything. Her statement was paused when she heard sobs coming from in front of her. Her mom was sobbing, she could clearly hear it. She checked on the mirror, and it's true. She could visibly see tears falling from her mother's eyes, and it pained her even more.

"E-eomma, wae? W-why are you crying? S-stop it, i-it's not sad." Tzuyu laughed the nervousness off.

"M-my poor daughter." her mom sobbed intensely, wiping her tears off, but more started raining down like a tsunami would occur soon. "Why? Why did you have to leave so fast? Why?" she cried and rested her forehead on the sink, feeling weak. Tzuyu broke down, letting her emotions out as she too cried behind her mother, feeling the burning pain that struck her just by seeing her mom cry. "My poor Tzuyu-yah." her mom's voice cracked, choking on herself from the overwhelming tears.

"Mianhae, eomma." Tzuyu sobbed and hugged her mother from behind, although she knew that the woman couldn't hear, see, or even feel her. At least she knew that she would always be with her mother all the time. The two cried and cried until their pain was calming down.

-

Scarlet Hotel
8:25 a.m.

"Mmm, yummy~" a person on the TV screen spoke while munching happily on a sweet and spicy fried chicken, the crunches and the swallow satisfying to the ears of anyone who would listen. In front of the TV, Mrs. Sana and Hyung San sat together on the sofa while their eyes were glued to the mukbang show that was occuring on TV. Mr. Kim was standing while cleaning some things, his eyes also paying attention to the TV. "And now, for the kimchi." the person remarked excitedly, before picking a pair of chopsticks as he grabbed the veggies and stuffed it in his mouth.

Hyung San was drooling while watching the show with jealous eyes and a hungry-looking face, and Mrs. Sana was gritting her teeth and cupping her cheeks at how delicious the foods looked.

"What is this strange feeling I have? It feels.....odd." Mr. Kim furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and clicked his tongue as curiosity began to creep in. Hyung San turned to look at him, waiting for more words to come out of his mouth. "I feel this odd growling that is vibrating in my insides, it feels like I'm going to explode anytime soon." he held his belly that was growling. Hyung San cringed at the bartender's behaviour and shook his body in disgust.

"You're just hungry, and why do you have to explain that in a very......peculiar way?" Mrs. Sana breathed out and shook her head, trying to focus on the moving screen. Hyung San looked at the woman in silent disbelief, and turned his head back to watching the mukbang show. The three of them were having their free time, so they decided to sit on a sofa inside their own room where they would sleep and occasionally rest. Mr. Kim huffed in disapproval, and shook his head.

"No, I'm not hungry at all. I just have this strange feeling, that's all." he groaned. "Besides, since when do ghosts feel hungry?" he averted his eyes towards the screen. The man was chewing on the tteokbokki with a happy smile carved on his face, the sounds of the food being swallowed capturing the ears of the three main staff members.