Nicos choice

Nico steps out of the camp infirmary. His three days under the watchful eyes of Will solace were... enjoyable. But now he was even more confused than ever. He had confessed to percy about his crush but he wasnt yet ready to face him as a friend. And now there was Will. Somehow his feelings towards will were different from those towards percy, but nico was not about to make the same mistakes again. He gathers up his bag and walks to the center of the sword fighting arena. Nico takes a deep breath. "I need to leave. Maybe not forever like i planned before but at least for a while." Then Nico raises his hand and speaks a long and complex spell in a language of a different world. And as the words of power fade out of the air a portal opens in front of Nico and he steps through it, not even noticing the son of Apollo who watched him from the balcony with tears pouring down his face.

As Nico steps out on the other side of the portal he finds himself by the side of a dirt road a small village can be seen several miles down the road. Alagaesia is as wild and untamed as ever. Nico has come here several times he discovered the magic in ancient writings during his travel and often has spent time in this world away from the gods and monsters who insist on annoying him for every waking moment of his life. Of course he wasn't totally beyond their reach. But this wasnt their domain so monster attacks and godly annoyances were much less frequent. Over the past three years Nico has secretly learned Alagaesias history, languages, and magic. And yet had never raised any suspicions. Laying low was easy for Nico. He often clung to the shadows, and he could be totally invisible if he wanted. No one ever remembered him if he didnt want them to.But he had never stayed more than a few weeks at a time.

Nico looks up and down the road, unsure of which direction to go. He shrugs and starts heading north.but just as he takes his first step he freezes. The hairs on the back of his neck stick up. Nico listens for a few seconds, then summons a dome of black energy around himself just in time as a massive blast goes off right in front of him. Nico lets down his shield with his hand on his sword. He carefully surveys the land around him while also reaching out with his senses. There's no sign of any danger so he looks down at the point where the blast came from. A large oval purple stone with white lines criss crossing its surface lies in front of him.

Nico frowns. Sending objects in this way is relatively advanced magic. Most spell weavers would not even know it was possible. And even if they did why would someone send this stone here. Why now. Nico is confident that there is no way anyone could have predicted he was going to show up at this exact moment. Much less at this exact spot. Even Nico couldn't control where he ended up when jumping between worlds. But it would probably be more dangerous if the stone wasnt meant for him. demigods never trust coincidences. Nico draws his sword and taps it gently against the stone. No reaction. He carefully fits the stone up and examines it. Its not like any stone he's seen before. Nico says a few words of power of the stone. Then he tries Greek magic, Egyptian magic, and even a few Norse runes. If the stone was hiding any secrets it wasn't giving them up easily. Nico bites his lip. The smart thing to do would be to leave it where it is. But his instinct tell him to keep it with him. Finally he slips the stone in his back pack and walks down the road.