8~ Two sides to a coin

Dedicated to LazypenNaija
To all those reading this book, i appreciate your support, without you guys, I wouldn't have come this far! We are halfway through with this book.
**********************************

Two weeks have passed after the death of Kelechi. She was the only child of her parent and her parent were devastated after we called them telling them of the misfortune that her fallen on their daughter.

We travelled to Anambra state to retrieve her body, her funeral will be held this night.

Her family house was located in ikorodu and that where the funeral will be held. Joke had screamed when she saw Kelechi's body. Her both breast were cut off and her eyes were damaged. It was a sad activity for us.

Joke blamed herself, she cried and cried blaming herself. Kelechi has always wanted to be like her that'd she'd do anything to be like joke for a day. Joke blamed herself that maybe if she she tied her down with a rope or had beaten her up that day, maybe she'd have saved her.
*******************************
Three days later

I'm late! I hurridely put on my wig and my heels. An usher work is not easy and at the same time it's one of the best. I work for 'Zenith Ushering companies' its one of the best here in Lagos State.

I entered our company bus to see everyone was settled. My supervisor gives me an irritated look before marking my name on the attendance.

My supervisor has always showed her dislike for me, she has being looking for ways to get rid of me but has not succeeded get.

Why do I see him in almost every event I usher for this days?! I made sure I servied every other table except that table and made sure he doesn't see me. He was sitting down with some men who would probably be the same age as him. Someone taps me from behind.

"Supervisor Gift is calling you," Uloma, my fellow usher tells me.

That evil supervisor, I will soon kill her. When I got there, she told me to move over to Tola's table and serve with her.

Tola's table is the table Fidelis was sitting on. Damn!

If it was supervisor Philip that came with us, I would have talked to him and he'd have listened but this witch Gift!

I gentle move over to Tola's table gently with my heart beating fast, I don't know why i keep seeing him this days?

Before I move to the table, Tola has walked away, my eyes came in contact with Fidelis and he gave me a surprised look. I take me eyes away trying to calm my nerve.

"Usher," one of the men in Fidelis table calls me, "we need a refill here," he tells me in a deep rich voice.

Fidelis eyes and mine meets again and he smiles this time, I scoff mentally, shaking my head.

While I was coming back with he refill, I slipped close to the table Fidelis was sitting on and fell down on my butt, I cried out as I feel my ankle twist and my skirt tears.

All eyes on me! I bow my head in shame and cry in misery, why?!

"How can you be so clumsy?!" I hear my supervisors voice boom, her fake America accent she uses whenever we were in public made me more annoyed.

She whispers to the guest telling them we were sorry and tells me to stand up, if only she knows my skirt was thorn and my ankle hurts.

I suddenly feel my legs been covered with a jacket, I look up to see it was Fidelis; he had a concerned look on as he squat down on one of his knee trying to help me up.

I push his hands off me embarrassed with what he was doing, "Now you see what your clumsy mess has done right?!" My supervisor yelled earning a scowl from Fidelis.

He tried helping me again and i tap his hands off. Couldn't he just ignore

"You wouldn't want all attention on you, would you?" He asked.

Either way, I'd still have all attention on me even if he carries me out.

My supervisor scoffed before walking off.

**********************************

"Thanks for today," i tell fidelis, he helped me out and took me to his car, I was surprised it wasn't a Benz this time but a Hummer Jeep. He must be a big time Yahoo boy, I thought to myself.

Or maybe he must be from a wealthy family. 'scam!' he must have borrowed it to show off.

He took me to a mall in Lekki, close to the Austoria's and got me an outfit, I rejected at first but looked at the situation I was in before entering the fitting room.

After that, he took me to a restaurant to eat, I was in awe of the amount he used. Why was he acting this way to me? What does he want from me?
Who is he and what is his aim?

That's how boys are, when they want to get naughty they start being sweet! My inner mind tells me.

He drove me home all the way from lekki. It was dark already. Ajegunle wasn't a place for quiet, infact even at three in the midnight, people still lurked around and it wasn't the best.

Music could still be heard from some house and people still walked around.

We saw people fighting close to a trailer, they've used their commotion to block the road.

"What rubbish is this?!" Fidelis complained looking his wrist watch, it was past eleven in the midnight. Which means going back would be dangerous. All the way from lekki to Ajegunle. I tried talking him out it, telling him I could go home from mile 12 and he should turn back but he refused.

He unlocks his car and tried coming down but I stopped him. "Do not wind down the window glasses and reverse!" I tell him.

"What, they are....." Suddenly we were surrounded.

Those commotion were just to create attention and Rob rich guys. Once you get down, they'd steal from you and take your car too.

I panicked, Fidelis still hasn't understood what was happening. He must be a real Ajebutter to not have sense. (Rich kid)

"Do not open!" I tried telling him but he wound down the window before I could say so asking what they wanted.

Immidately, they brought out a knife placing it on his throat, I began to fear.

I wouldn't want him dead, he has been nice since I've known him and he was only trying to help me.

Suddenly the others began to show their face, the last person I saw shocked me!

Another chapter!
Who do you think Tari saw?

What are your thoughts on fidelis?

Does he have an ulterior motive?
Vote comment and share.

This chapter is unedited!