🌑Chapter 1: Second Guessing🌑

I was sitting on a mossy rock with my eyes closed listening to the rushing water that splashed a little water on my talons a little bit every so often. I was breathing and smiled widely, my wings relaxed knowing that all was calm, and that Darkstalker was now defeated and turned into Peacemaker. I suddenly felt a warm wing on my back and I opened my eyes to look to my eight to see a familiar Sandwing smiling at me with his his amber earring shining in the suns glow. "Hello Qibli" I said smiling a bit, "hello Moon" Qibli said kissing me, I returned it but not as much as I used to.

     "Something wrong?" Qibli said with a frown and his eyebrows slant to the sides of his eyes, I smiled "oh yeah, everything is fine. Couldn't be happier" I smiled. I then looked toward the setting sun and I thought of a dragon I hadn't thought of in a hot minute. "Hey I was wondering" I started still looking at the sun, "yeah?" Qibli said looking at the sun from my peripheral vision. "We haven't contacted Winter in so long, maybe we should go look for him to see how he's doing" I said looking at Qibli for an answer. When Qibli looked at me it wasn't a face I thought he would have, he had a frown, his face was glowing orange and yellow in the setting sun.

     "I think he's ok, I think he doesn't need us, I mean he would have came looking for us if he did. You know?" Qibli said looking at me with his big round eyes, "yeah, I guess" I said Keith's frown looking down at a group of frogs. "Hey, let's sleep on it, and if you still want to visit him tomorrow we will go" Qibli said with a smile walking towards our hut in the rainforest.

     It wasn't a bad house, it was made of dark oak woad, it had square and circle with does with sticks as blinds for the windows. It had a stick foundation for a roof, it had strong vines to hold it together. It had giant green leaves, it had some straw on the roof as well, it had flowers around the house to give it more of that rainforest feeling. We entered through the wooden door and inside there was a wooden couch with moss and leaves on it. There was a stack of scrolls against a wall, with 6 scrolls on each rack. There was purple, green, and blue moon globes all around the place lighting it up with a variety of colors.

It was a one story house with big space, there was a kitchen separating from the living area by a wall with a door and a window next to it. Inside the kitchen was a cauldron filled with water, on each side of it was wooden cabinets with round wooden handles with marble counters. On the wall was more cabinets with round wooden handles.

Next to the kitchen was the bedroom with a twin size bed, it had a blanket made from leaves, and the pillow was a bunch of wool I used from killed sheep. "We'll go see Winter tomorrow I promise" Qibli said laying on the bed but also made room for me to sleep next to him. His mind told a different story than whet he promised, I'm not taking her to see Winter tomorrow, why does she want to see him after everything he's done to her Qiblis mind yelled. He yells at her, says mean things to her, why can't she leave that grump alone and see that she doesn't need to see him and that I'm all she needs Qibli also said in his mind.

Well people can change, just because he's mean doesn't mean that's his personality, I thought you were different Qibli I thought. I looked out the window at the start sky with a few pink and purple wavy streaks like someone painted the sky. I'm leaving tonight whether Qibli likes it or not I thought looking at my talons for a second. I walked into the bedroom and layer on the bed next to Qibli and closed my eyes to pretending to be asleep.

I opened my eyes to see it was dark, oh no, I fell asleep I thought getting up but realized that Qibli was next to me so I slowly moved away from him to not wake him. Ounce I got free I walked out of the house making a few creaks when I walked. I closed the door behind me before taking a quick look back inside and then left without a note or anything. I leapt into the air and started flying towards Sanctuary, don't worry Winter I'm coming I thought with a smile on my face.

——————(Dawn the next day)——————

I was tired, hungry, and thirsty from flying for at least 3 hours, "why does it have to be so far" I said almost crashing into a tall pine tree. "Ok I need to land" I said steering my way towards the ground near a fairly big cave, ounce I landed in it I looked around to find out if anything was in here besides me. Something smelled weird, like the smell of. Bear. I thought and started to back away until it noticed me and ran after me. I looked around for an escape but was surrounded by trees and boulders, well I'm already hungry so I guess I have to fight you I thought.

I dodged to the side when it ran at me and it hit its head off a tree, it stumbled a bit but it regain focus and it shook its head then roared at me. It ran at me again and when I went to dodge it, it clawed my side giving me a 3 long gash mark. I grimaced in pain and fell to the ground, my vision was blurry but I got up and got in an attacking position. It roared at me and started to thunder it's way at me, I then ran at it and I dodged it by jumping up but I grabbed onto its back. It roared and tried to shake me off but my talons dig deeper in him and it roared in fury and tried to scratch me off. I then scratched its side and it fell to the ground out of breath and I put my talons next to its throat and sliced it ending it's life.

I fell to the ground next to it's pool of blood not caring if it got on my scales, I soon caught my breathe and got up pulling it inside the cave my claws scrapping against the ground. I soon ate the bear and when I looked out the cave I found out that the sun was now out, "well now it's time to go find Winter because I should be close by" I said as my voice echoed. I walked outside and saw a flock of butterflies flying around making my heart flutter just thinking about Winter. I walked around the forest because I was too tired to fly around, soon I found a little town and saw carts that were selling fruit, carpets, candles, rugs, fish, and jewelry.

I walked into there to see if I could find someone to help me find Winter, I walked around and saw that there was homeless dragons with flies flying around them. Some of them have a box for their house, and newspapers. I felt bad I don't have money for them, I continued to walk hoping to forget about them. Not that I don't want to I just done have money to give them I thought, I walked up to a fruit concession stand. "How May I help you" the female SkyWing working there said, "um have you seen an Icewing named Winter around here at all?" I asked hoping that he's still here.

     "Nope, haven't seen any Icewing since I got this job yesterday. Sorry" the female SkyWing said. "It's ok. Thanks for your help though" I said smiling and was about to walk away before she said something. "If you need to find this Icewing try talking to Roadrunner the Sandwing candle seller" the female SkyWing said. "Oh ok. Thanks" I said waving at the SkyWing before looking for Roadrunner, a Sandwing candle seller, shouldn't be too hard I thought looking at all the candle sellers and found not one Sandwing but a lot. Yep it's hard I thought with a sigh and started forward.

I was going around asking "where is Roadrunner" "have you seen Roadrunner" "do you know Roadrunner?". The answers were "no" "not really" "I never want anything to do with him" I was about to give up because I must have been out here for hours. I was about to give up until I finally asked the last Sandwing I saw and said "are you Roadrunner?" I said hope surging through my veins. "Yes. why are you asking?" Roadrunner said with a quizzical look, "I need to find an Icewing named Winter. Have you seen him?" I said. "Yes I have actually" Roadrunner said with a mutual look, "so you know where he is?" I said. Roadrunner pointed to a big building with a big glass dome roof on it, "thanks for your help" I said running to the building. "Anytime!" Roadrunners deep bellowing voice said after me. Almost there Winter I'm coming I thought with a smile.

Ounce I got to the door of the building, I took a look at the door and it was a dark oak log and it had a smooth round wooden door knob. I knocked on the door and my heart was beating. There was no answer so I knocked again but louder and longer, soon I heard claws scrapping against the floor in there. I think the floor is wood by the sound, soon the door opened to a blue, and white Icewing with a surprised expression when he saw me. "M-Moon...?" Winter said confused, I sighed with a smile "hello Winter."

I was trying to make this longer but I'm just gonna say that I'm gonna enjoy writing this. Well see ya later.
JJ out.