Chapter 18

She smiled in relief as she saw blonde hair, then a pair of curious blue eyes appear behind the door.

"She's awake!" he shouted happily and Sasuke appeared behind him immediately with worry on his face. Sakura tried to sit up a little, while Naruto ran to her bed to hug her. Before she could sit up properly he reached her and lifted her up into a sitting position as he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.

"I'm so glad, you're okay, Sakura-chan" he sighed, then let go of her and stood back a little to take a look at her. "How do you feel? Are you alright?" He asked as he saw her tired face.

"You should lay back, you look really pale" Sasuke said as he walked on the other side of her bed.

"I'm feeling fine, don't worry. I'll be healthier than ever, I just need to rest a little and gain my strength back." She assured them with a smile as she laid back in bed.

"You were like an iceberg with barely any pulse Sakura-chan. We were truly scared we might lose you." Naruto said worriedly, then his facial expression became furious as he clenched his fists. "How could that bastard do that to you?! He really did try to kill you! If we wouldn't have found out about your disappearance by accident you might have already been dead by now!" He burst out, then looked at Sakura's scared face so he took a big breath to calm down. "Anyway, what's important is that you're alive and that you're finally out of that relationship and he won't be able to hurt you ever again!" He smiled and squeezed her hand gently.

"Yeah" she smiled " It's still hard to believe, you know? But I feel so happy and relieved, that I can't even describe it to you properly" she told them cheerfully.

"I'm so glad to hear that" Naruto responded

"Me too" Sasuke added, which earned a surprised smile both from Naruto and Sakura.

"Do you remember what happened, after you left us yesterday?" Sasuke asked suddenly before the moment could have gotten any more awkward for him. "We found you today, in your house but no one knows exactly what happened to you, meanwhile."

"Yes, I remember partly" she answered calmly " After I left you guys, I was heading home to get ready for work when suddenly Ren appeared on the road out of nowhere. I got a really bad feeling right away I saw him. He told me that he wants to give me a present at my home, so he walked me home. He was all nice during the walk, the when he closed the front door and he flipped into psychopath mode. He accused me of sleeping with Kakashi, and told me that he will get revenge and destroy my life." She stopped as she started to get more and more anxious as she remembered the events. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then opened them. "Then he told me what a terrible and awful person I am, and he only did well to me. And I remember that I actually felt like he was right and the problem was with me." She stopped with a glassy look staring in front of her. She considered again, whether his words were true or not.

"He wasn't right, there's nothing wrong with you" Sasuke told her, to bring her back from overthinking.

Sakura looked at him with a slight smile, then continued the story.
"After that, he made me...walk..." she buried her face with her palms in shame" he made me... hug him." She took away her hands. "And then I felt something stab me in the back and my body went numb almost instantly and I fainted...The next thing I remember is waking up here."

"That psycho motherfucker..." Naruto shook his head. "I wonder, what was his plan?!" He turned towards Sasuke. "That fucking genius!" he laughed sarcastically. "If Tsunade-no baa chan would have believed that sharingan jutsu non-sense, and wouldn't taken that lethal poison out of her system, she would be dead by now. What would have been his explanation for that? How could have been that made by Kakashi?!" Naruto laughed