Chapter 4

Riley

"How do you even know that ma?" I said wrapping up my hair in a fresh towel

We we're currently out on a pamper date, getting a massage. She assumes Jacob has gotten a random pregnant. Yeaa, Jacob is actually my real brother. Same mom and dad. Jacob was previously dealing with a girl named Cena and she's apparently pregnant now. He told me the back story and feels like this baby isn't his. I just hope he figures it out before Cree finds out.

"He seems good now. Now that this girl is saying she's having his baby it's going to ruin everything he worked so hard for." She said sighing

"Yea , I know I hope he goes and get a test done. She's what 7 months now? She can get it done." I said shrugging while laying on the massage bed

"He better. I wanna be a grandma but not when my children aren't ready or ad least have had a stable relationship." She said

My mom was a cool mom. She was hard on us when she had to be. She showed us love unconditionally and she mostly kept it real. My mama the shit y'all.

"I missed you ma. I've been so busy getting ready for this trip and with work. I'm glad I got the chance to finally see you."

"Me too baby. I can never stay away from my babies to long. What's been going on with you? I've been seeing you and Trevor on the blogs lately. Is that what you wanna do?" She said concerned and I understood why

Two years ago I dated a guy named Cashmere, Cash for short. He was my everything. We dated for 3 years and had a tragic break up. He was my fiancé actually. Long story short we lost our baby due to miscarriage and our relationship wasn't so strong afterwards.

We blamed each other for non sense. I moved from Philly to Atlanta shortly after and started working on my career. My mom loves Trevor she even calls him her son but at the same time I'm her child so I can see where her concern is.

"I like him ma a lot. We're dating actually."

"Really? It took you a year to grieve and build yourself back up. I just want to make sure that you are okay with dating again."

"Ma, I am fine to be in a relationship. It's not the same. I moved on from Cash and I's relationship and the downfall that ruined it." I said sitting up as my session finished along with my mom

"I think you should reach out and y'all put each other's mind at ease. It'll be officially at ease." She said being how she always is... a peacemaker

I didn't respond. I just took in what she said. Loosing our baby was the hardest thing to accept for me. Not being able to have that shoulder that I needed, when I needed put myself in a lonely space in my head. Soon I experienced postpartum and soon after that we weren't together anymore. After having the baby, I got him cremated and placed him in a urn and I have him placed over the fireplace at home. When the time is right I'll know. I just know that I'd like to have a conversation with Trevor about all this.

-

It's the day before our trip and everyone is literally running around like a chicken with out their heads, trying to make sure that we got everything for the trip. I was of course done with my packing and at the moment I was on my way to a photo shoot.

"Riley, just a heads up they changed wardrobe."

I huffed and got into the truck that would be dropping me off at my designated location.

I recently signed a deal with Fenty Savage and ya girl felt like a boss. Everyone know I love Rih. Her photographer wanted me to so badly fashion lingerie. I was against anything explicit. I never wanted to be that girl that was seen as a playboy bunny. Pulling up to what look like a expensive ass mansion. I hoped out the car and stood in awe looking at the outside.