I'm coming

Allison's POV

I crush open the vent with all my strength and pull Fiona up, she crawls in, and I quickly pull the vent cover back on. It doesn't stay, so I hold it still as I hear the door creak slowly. It goes to silence so all I can hear is Fiona and I's breathing, quickly but quietly. I muffle my breathing a little more and back up so just the tips of my fingers is keeping the vent cover sturdy. I try to look through the slits of the cover, but it doesn't work so I just listen. I hear slight walking, very heavy walking, then another person comes running in.

"Where are they?" A high pitched what sounded like a boy voice echoes through the vent. I looked back at Fiona.

"They got out." A more manly voice said.

"Oh... I-I.."

"You SAID... you SAID that you would make sure they never leave!" The man voice booms.

"John.. I'm sorry....."

"What am I going to tell Rosemary when she asks where they are?"

"I don't know." The high-pictched voice mumbles.

"Well... we have to get them back."

"Are we keeping them alive?"

"Yes Martin."

"You promise?"

"No way, they are dying... I'll tell Rosemary they were bit... she's my daughter."

"Did you ever hit her?" Martin asked a couple seconds later.

There was more silence and then a huge slapping noise echoed.

"Ouch!" Martin yelped.

"Well. I just hit you." John said, and around 10 seconds later, the door closes, causing the vent to shake.

I look at Fiona and she looked back at me with a "What the hell just happened?" look. I nodded and pointed away, I took my hands away from the vent cover, and was happy to see that it was sturdy enough to appear untouched. I turn around and slowly crawl behind Fiona. I whisper as quietly as I can and press my lips against her ear.

"We can't scream, we can't talk.. we can't do anything. The vent will send echoes... all the way through where it leads. That could be too "John." I say punctuating the "JOHN". Fiona nods and I push my hair behind my ear and follow her. She stops and turns around to put her mouth to my ear.

"I want you to go first. I don't know where I'm going." She says. I nod. I silently slip past her and she pushes away from me. Then we keep going.

"Look for light." I whisper back to her. She whispers back,

"Ok, so no more ear to ear whispering?"

"Just be quiet." I say. She is quiet right away. I finally see a bright light coming from the distance. If I had more space I would have gotten up and ran as fast as I could away and to the light. I start crawling faster and Fiona's knees pounded behind me. I reached the vent and I slowly pushed the cover off a crack. It was an office. I look on the other side and push the cover off and look. No one is there. It looked like what you would call a "Manager's Office." I look down to see a small book case. I lean off the vent and I jump down, causing the bookcase to only shake. I motion Fiona down but she shakes her head quickly.

"Come on." I say. She whimpers and I put my arms up to help her. She crawls off and then turns around so she's facing the vent again. Now she's hanging from the edge of the vent. I chuckle.

"Come on, just drop, your feet our only a feet away from the bookcase!" I laugh. She looks down and then all I hear is a yelp and I fall down with her on top of me.