Brooklyn

Prompt: Gargoyles are very open with one another, there are very little secrets between them. But there was one secret that Brooklyn kept, fearing what might happen if both the humans and other gargoyles found out. But every secret eventually comes to light, and it wasn't until after 1,000 years did the remainder of his clan finally find out what it was.

The night air was cool and calm. You peered over the castle's wall and saw your people down below. Even if you were just the second born, you were still a princesses all the same.

You watched as some gargoyles glided around in the sky. You envied them, wishing you could take flight and touch the sky just as they could. But soon your mind wandered back to your people, and how they couldn't accept the gargoyles. Not as friends, not even as neighbors. The mere thought pained your heart.

"Are you alright, princesses." In the midst of your thought, you failed to hear the approach of your friend. Of your love. As you turned to look at the red gargoyle your frown quickly turned into a smile.

"Seeing you certainly makes things better, love." You sighed a breath of relief.

You walked over to him, away from the edge of the cat walk, away from the eyes of the people down below. And without a moment of hesitation, you both welcomed each other into a needed embrace. Just the feeling of his arms wrapped around you made all your worries dissapear. You pulled away only slightly to rest your forehead on his beak.

Even with your words he could still sense that something was wrong. "What troubles you my love."

You looked up to see the worry in his eyes. "It's just - I wish they could understand." You craned your head in the direction of where your people are down below. "I don't like sneaking around."

"Neither do I."

"I want to show how much I love you without fearing what others might do in retaliation. You deserve that much!"

The gargoyles places his claws on the side of your face. Just at the contact alone, you practiclly melted into his claws. 

"Believe me princesses. It pains me to keep this secret from my own kind, just as much as it pains me to see you so distrested over it."

"If only thing's were different." You closed your eyes as you held onto his arm that held your cheek, soaking up each second of his embrace. Moments like these were so scaresed, you had to enjoy what you could.

"Princesses!" Your eyes snapped open at the sound of a new voice. Magus, your sisters advisor. Just as you both heard him call from the starewell, you slipped out of each others embrace. "Princesses, there your are!" He finally reached the top. "Dinner is being served, I'm here to escorte you to the dinning hall."

You folded your hands as you cleared your throat. "Of course, thank you." With your eyes lowered, you didn't see the magicion give the gargoyle a nasty look. Once you made your way over to Magus, he held his hand over the lower end of your back, not actually touching you but simply ushering you into the stairwell.

"Princesses, both your sister and I have advised that you be accompied by someone when speaking with one of...them." He hushly spoke as you both desenced the stairs.

"They're not evil, Magus." You said matter-o-factly. "They won't hurt us."

"One can never be too cautious, princesses."

You simply huffed and quickened your step to the dinning hall.

Some nights have passed and now you sit with your people, just after an attack from an enemy. Some children sat in front of you, allowing you to discreatly watch two gargoyles play fetch with one of their beasts as a third sat close by eating. You laughed at their playful behavior, and while those of your people who saw thought it was because of the human children in front of you, it did not go unnoticed by your love. Allowing just a long enough distraction for their beast to snatch the piece of meat they had been teasing him with.