Brooklyn part 2

Hair part 2

Only a little more than a couple of weeks passed since you had first braided Brooklyn's hair. Ever since that night, things around the tower and the lives of those inside of it started to change. The atmosphere seemed just a little livelier.

Brooklyn was sure that the only reason he continued to crave your touch upon this hair was because he had never had anyone do that before. He was positive of it. But, quicker than he'd like to admit, he started to look at you under a new gaze. Quickly, it became more than just your touch that would make his heart race. First, it would be the way you'd give a little laugh; then, just seeing you become excited and passionate over something. Hell, just seeing you glance over in his direction would take his breath away.

That first night when you braided his hair was the gateway for something Brooklyn didn't want to live without. In fact, from that night on he continued to ask if you wanted to try new styles on his hair. A request you were more than willing to comply with. I mean, how could you deny a willing participate to aid in your efforts of becoming a master braider?

These actions alone essentially screamed out to everyone how he felt about you. Everyone knew it, everyone but you.

In a way, Brooklyn felt as if he was lying to you. Everyone else in the clan knew of the true meaning behind the actions you'd preform on Brooklyn night after night. However, none of the members bothered to tell you just what it truly meant. Allowing you to continue on being blissfully ignorant. It was as if an unspoken agreement had been sealed that it would remain their little secret. The one exception being the very cryptic and amusing comments Lexington would make around you two.

Yet it pained Brooklyn to keep the truth from you. But the fear of you finding out the truth weighed heavier on his mind, a fear that only grew the longer he allowed everything to go on. Would you be disgusted in him for allowing you to continue such intimate actions on him? Would you storm out of the tower and never return? These questions and many more continually flooded his mind. Perhaps that's why he soon offered to try braiding your hair in return. He told himself that way he wasn't simply just taking from you but also giving something in return. Or maybe he just wanted an excuse to run his claws threw your hair. To feel each strand rather than just imagining.

To be expected, the gargoyle was less than stellar when it came to his braiding skills. But he wasn't exactly doing this to improve his skills, now was he? No, even you could tell the amount of time he'd take, or how gentle he'd hold your hair. Yet, you never called him out on it. You figured it was just how he practiced, although you never really saw any improvement. But again, you never said anything in fear of discouraging him.

On the especially longer session, Brooklyn would unknowingly find himself slowly inching towards you. Until he'd be just close enough that he would have to stop himself from just grabbing you and bringing you back into his arms.

No one is quiet sure how long Brooklyn would have continued to leave you in the dark about the matter, even he wasn't too sure. Forever maybe? Perhaps. Had it not been for one night.

You had just discovered a new style and you were eager to try it out. Unfortunately your star model was off on a patrol. The only thing that meant for you was that you could instead try it on the only other two beings in the clock tower that actually had hair. It didn't take long however for you idea to be shut down. With Goliath insisting he was too busy and immediately turning away and Hudson flat out saying he'd rather not upset Brooklyn, followed by a hardy chuckle. A statement which confused you to no end. Sure, maybe it did make sense that he'd be jealous since he is the only one you've been working with. But surly he'd understand. It was just braids after all. Little did you know that it wasn't just braids to him.