Brooklyn

Prompt: There are many things that set gargoyles and humans apart. One of which being a way they expressed their love. For humans, a more common method is with a kiss. For gargoyles, a simple touch of their hair or top of their head holds the same meaning. You, however, had not known about this, but you certainly had a point to prove.

The new world was different, very different. But after spending so much time within it, the gargoyles were able to easily adapt, for the most part. It seemed, with everything that's happened, it was a difficult task to frighten them. They were gargoyles after all. You, however, didn't seem to get that memo.

In the dead of the night for most people, but just lunch time for the gargoyles, you kicked open the door to the clock tower. Each of the gargoyles reacted differently, but they were all shocked none the less.

You looked frazzled, angry. You looked like you were on a mission and each of your winged friends knew it was in their best favor to stay out of your way. Little did they know that in order to complete your mission you needed one of them, and your eyes locked on the perfect target.

"YOU!" You shouted, pointing at Brooklyn.

"Me?" He responded confusingly, pointing at himself.

"DO YOU TRUST ME!"

"What? Uh, yes?" He shrugged, hoping he wasn't about to say the wrong thing.

"GOOD!" You marched over to your friend, grabbing his wrist, and you led him over to the stairs. For what you were about to do, you needed to be at a slightly higher elevation then him. You had him sit on the third to the top step as you sat on the very top.

As you placed down the small bag you had previously held tightly in your other hand, each of the gargoyles looked curiously at both you and Brooklyn, unsure of what was about to happened. As Brooklyn was trying to figure that out for himself, he felt something take hold of his hair. Their was no mistaking it, it was your hand. He went completely still. If it wasn't for the darting of his eyes, he could have very well been made of stone once more. 

In fact, everyone had been thrown off by your actions. With all of your previous visits, you had shown the same friendly nature towards Brooklyn just as you did towards everyone else. Nobody could really seem to recall you ever giving Brooklyn any sort of special treatment that would give any indication that your were interested. And now? Well now you bust into their home, yell at your friend with cryptic wording, and then start weaving and combing your fingers through his hair. It was the basic equivalent to an intense human make-out. Not to mention the fact that you were so open with it in front of everyone as if it were no big deal! But it was a very big deal, to Brooklyn that was.

Nobody was really sure what to do, nor what to say. Eventually the rest of the clan slowly back away, leaving Brooklyn to whatever mess he had unintentionally gotten himself into.

The seconds turned into minutes as you sat, combing Brooklyn's thick hair, and tieing in hair-ties where you needed it. During said processes, while you seemed to block out the rest of the world, the red gargoyle quickly started to enjoy it. Leaning into your hands at some points, enjoying the feeling. Even the snickers from both his rookery brother's and Angela couldn't bring him out the trance you had placed him under.

Being so entranced in the process, it took him by complete surprise when your hands finally took themselves away from his head. 

"AH HA!"

With your sudden outburst, it once again caught everyone's attention. 

You shot up to your feet and pointed down at Brooklyn. "BROOKS! DON'T MOVE!"