Chapter Four

A/N: I have written quite a few chapters of this already, which is why they're going up so fast! I will slow down eventually once I've exhausted my supply!

Mello

Matt started counting, softly. He didn't think we could fucking do it, huh? Well, I'd show him.

I took Near's cheeks in my hands, and deepened the kiss gently. I didn't want to scare him off by accident.

Near's tongue searched for entrance, and I let him in. He's a fucking good kisser. Damn he's good. He wasn't a virgin, after all. He wasn't lying then. Fumny, that those thoughts were all that were running through my head while kissing my rival. The kiss was soft and perfect. It lasted exactly a minute and two seconds. Matt was counting.

I broke away and stared at the sheep. There was emotion there in his eyes. I'm not one for bullshit emotional eye-reading stuff, but there really was something there. Longing, wonder, puzzlement - and something else I couldn't quite identify. His face was flushed, red bring a strange colour on his face. I grinned at him. His lips twitched into an approximation of a smile back at me. Enough sappy shit, I had to get back into my usual cocky demeanour.

"Right, lovebirds -"

"We're not!" A chorus. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"-that's enough for now. Go smooch later." General laughter from the group commenced. And when I looked back over at Near, that emotion he showed for just a few seconds was gone. It was all sealed away again, behind his layers of walls and masks. I missed it already. What was that you were saying, Mello, about bullshit emotional stuff?

Fuck, that's an odd thing to admit about your rival!

The party didn't last much longer. Everyone else went back to their rooms, and it's just Matty and me left. He elbowed me. "So, you liked that kiss, huh?" He laughed, but there's something else. Hmm.

Jealousy? Matt was jealous of Near? Matt was jealous of Near! What fucked up shit was this? Matt went back to his game. I didn't even care which it is.

My lips were tender, and I touched them gently. My first kiss with Near, huh? I felt a chocolate craving coming on, and something else.

Even if just for a second, I wanted to see emotion in the sheep's eyes again. I didn't care what kind at this stage.