Chapter Six

A/N: Thanks guys for all the reads ect.! Love you all :)

Mello

It was the night of Matt’s birthday. I was lying on the bed, just staring off into space. Matt came in. Normally he would say something, or just wave, but he was sullen and quiet.

"What's up?" Silence. "Look, if it's about the kiss, it doesn't have to mean anything, or, well, it can if you like. But it's not the first time the two of us have kissed, you know?"

He glared at me accusingly. "You two? Before? Fuck, I need brain bleach.” Swearing was a rare occurrence for him.

"Wait, wait. I wasn't talking about the Near kiss, Matty. You know, our one."

"Oh," he whispered.

"C'me here." I beckoned him over. He flopped on my chest, and pulled out some gaming console. My hand fell lazily into his curls. "I'm not going to do anything I shouldn't with him. He's just a fucking kid, Matty."

"So, you do like him? I mean, with anyone else, you'd be violently denying everything. But now?"

I rocked him over to face me. "Matty, Matty, Matty." His name just rolled off my tongue. "Is it me kissing someone else that's got you like this? I mean, it's not exactly like we're together."

He just kept playing, and I sighed. "You want us to be a proper thing, Matty?"