Chapter 8: Confrontation

Italics = the demon
Bold = Miles
(Only for one part of the story tho)
-
"You won't get away with this, Fairchild.. or whatever demon is in you now. I'll save you, Miles. Just hold on." - Y/n
-

Possessed Miles' pov

-

I won't have enough power to take over this boy's body.. unless.. I have another host.

I need to lure someone in. They'll never notice a thing.

I go outside and find someone on a bench not fair from the house.

"Hey..!" I act worried.

"hUh? What's wrong..?" He asks me.

"I need your help! My parents are stuck somewhere and I can't get them out!" I shed a fake tear.

"What..?" He says, not believing me.

"Sir, please! I'm just a child. I can't do anything but beg for your help!" I sob.

"Well uh- okay, lead the way." He nods and I run, leading him to the home.

"In there!" I point to the basement , hoping he'd go down first.

He did.

What an idiot.

I go downstairs after him, and grab a shovel from the staircase.

I tap his shoulder, making him turn to me, then I quickly bash his head in with the shovel.

He's knocked out on the ground, good.

I drag him to the middle of the floor and spread out his arms and legs.

Then I stare at him for a while.

Miles: What did you do?! Get out of my body, I'm not standing by this anymore!

Demon: Oh how I wish you would shut up. Just let me control your body and I'll be out soon.

Miles: No! I'm not letting you spend another second in here!

Demon: Miles' body starts moving around crazily, the boy is actually controlling his own body? But how..? Nevermind that. I might just have to execute him.

Miles: Get out of my head!

Demon: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT REMOVING ME.

Miles: *my feet start to raise from the ground, then I realize I'm levitating. I can see a light above, and I'm screaming in excruciating pain.*
I think the demon is finally leaving my body.

Demon: "im being removed from the body, I try my hardest to go back in, but it's not working.. oh right.. plan B."

The demon removes himself from Miles' body.

Miles: i.. I'm free.. but now I have to send this demon back to where it came from.

Miles' feet reach the ground.

The demon then puts himself inside of the man's body on the floor.

The man's eyes turn black, and his veins become dark and visible.

He stands up, and smiles at Miles.

Miles stares up at him for a while in shock and terror, until he has the idea to make a run for the door upstairs.

He runs and the man grabs his ankle, making Miles trip on the stairs and hit his cheek off a step.

It starts to bleed.

The man tries to pull him down, but Miles kicks him four times, causing him to let go.

Then Miles runs out of the door, and outside to try and find y/n.

There she was.

"Y/N, Y/N, YOU NEED TO LEAVE. CMON WE HAVE TO GO NOW." I yell, letting her know I was terrified.

She just looks at me with an angry face.

"Why should I leave with you? You're just gonna possess me too." She crosses her arms.

"What?" I squint.

"Yeah I heard everything, demon, and you're not getting away with your plan" y/n uncrosses her arms, balling her fists.

"Wait, y/n, I got the demon out of me!" I explain. "He transferred to someone else. Please hear me out, we have to leave."

She stares at me.

"What happened..? With your cheek." She asks.

"That's not the point. We have to go." I reply, not answering the question.

"..If you really are Miles.. tell me the color of my cat." She says.

"..you don't have a cat, y/n. you're allergic, and you hate them." I answer.

She smiles, then she hugs me.

I hug back, then I remember what I was running for, so I let go, grab her hand, and start bolting with her."

what I didn't know was the man was lurking in the trees, menacingly.
waiting for us to leave, only to surprise us moments after.