Chapter 15: Reminisce

"and you are?"

miles looks at you then back at the boy.

"well?" he asks, raising one eyebrow. "you gonna tell me or are we not on speaking terms" he softly laughs, trying to lighten the mood, but everyone stays silent.

he then looks away and sighs. "i'll get back to you whenever you guys are ready i guess.. welcome to our home" he weakly smiled, walking away from the door.

then miles turns to you. "have we seen that guy before? he.. seemed familiar.. where have i met him..? i swear it's on the tip of my tongue." he says, furrowing his eyebrows.

"is that why you couldn't say anything to him?" you joke.

"oh please, you didn't say a word." he lowers his eyes.

"yeah yeah.. anyways,, we gotta figure out a way to get out of he-" you get cut off by the sound of a large thud, as if someone fell through the floor.

everyone's eyes go wide, not knowing what to do. and suddenly they heard the sound of screaming and ripping.

you, miles, and flora are trembling, but you manage to get up anyways.

then you hear a sharp yell, one that could pierce your eardrums.

miles runs down the stairs, into the kitchen where the noise was coming from, and he stopped dead in his foot steps. wide eyed, heart pounding, not finding the courage to move a single muscle. he was terrified at what he saw.

it was the mother.

emotionless as she she lied there.

dead.

ripped to shreds.

but that wasn't necessarily the problem..

the problem was the thing standing above her.

the demon.