Chapter 13: Death

He knows where we are.

-

"Y/n, I love you. I love you I love you I love you. I'll never love anyone else as much as I love you.. well.. can Flora be an exception? Haha." Miles giggles as his faint voice fades away.

-

Y/n wakes up in a cold sweat.

She turns to see Flora in her arms, sleeping.

She holds Flora tight in her arms, looking for Miles.

Luckily she quickly found him on the floor.

The cold hard floor..

"Miles." Y/n whisper yells.

He groans and rubs his eyes.

"Y-Yes, Flora?" He yawns.

"I- Miles it's Y/n." She says.

"Y/n?!" Miles turns to face her.

"Yeah?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Are you okay??" He asks.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?"

"You literally just passed out. Flora was so worried about you, she stayed up till noon to see if you were ok, then she fell asleep next to you." He says.

Then he remembers what he said to her when she was unconscious earlier.

"Y/n I love you.."

"Holy sh-" he starts.

"What?" Y/n asks him.

"You didn't hear anything while you were asleep, did you?" He questions.

"..no." y/n lies. "Nothing at all."

A little bit of relief hits his mind, but disappointment hits his heart.

"..Nothing?" He asks one last time, hoping she'd say she heard at least one little word that came from his lips.

"No.. nothing." She says, hoping she was doing the right thing by saving him from embarrassment.

But if he didn't want her to hear him.. why was it said? could it possibly be the fact that his heart ached so much for her to wake up and be in his arms again.. or was he just too caught up in the moment.

"Well.. I'm glad your okay." He smiles, then lays back down, back faced towards her.

"Thank you.." she smiles, then lays back down too.

"Wait.. where are we?" She asks.

"Some lady's house. After you passed out I carried you and looked for someone to help us, then a lady stopped her car near us and asked if we needed help. I didn't think anyone else was gonna help us so I accepted. The kids in the back were nOt happy, but we went anyway. Then she gave us this room, and said we could live with her until we're ready to go." He spills.

"Wait.. what..?" She asks.

"Just get some sleep. I'll explain tomorrow." Miles giggles at her confusion. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." She closes her eyes.

Miles bites his lip in frustration, and tries to focus on sleeping, but he couldn't stop thinking.

Thinking about the demon.