18. Illuminated

"The most difficult choices require the strongest wills"

---

Scott, Stiles, Harper, James, Lydia and Kira was sitting in the sheriff office and was being question by Rafael McCall on what happened with Barrow while Stilinski sat at his desk.

"So when did you get here?" Rafael asked "At the same time" Stiles said "At the same time as who?" Rafael asked "At the same time as me" Scott said "By coincidence?" Rafael asked "What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked "That's what I'm asking you. The four of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" Rafael asked "Are you asking me?" Scott asked "I think he's asking me" Stiles said "No, we're pretty sure he's asking us" James said "Yeah" Harper said "I think he's asking all four of you" Lydia said. 

"Okay, let me answer the questions" Rafael said making the four look at him. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent to electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town" Rafael said "Sounds about right" Stiles said "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" Rafael asked "Well, cause he was an electrical engineer, so where else would he take her?" Stiles said "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles" Rafael said "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement" Stiles said and then wink at his dad with a smile making Stilinski to hold in his laugh. 

"Stiles, just, uh...Just answer the man" Stilinski said "We made a good guess" Stiles said. Rafael then looked over at Scott and Kira "What were the two of you doing?" he asked.

"Eating sushi" Kira said at the same time Scott said "Eating pizza" Scott and Kira looked at each other "Eating sushi" Scott said, "Eating pizza" Kira said. They looked back at Rafael who looked confused at them "Eating pizza and sushi" Kira and Scott said at the same time. 

Rafael looked back at Stilinski "You believe this?" he asked "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves at the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it" Stilinski said "Kira, is that how you remember it?" Rafael asked looking at Kira.

"Yes" she said and Rafael nodded "Could I get my phone back now?" she asked and Rafael shook his head "Sorry, but no" he said. 

---

They all walked out of the office and Rafael handed Kira's phone to a deputy to lockup with Evidence. 

"Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first" Rafael said and Kira walked away with a deputy. 

"Scott" Rafael said, before Scott could leave with the others. He turned around and looked at his dad. "I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is ture, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse" Rafael said "Yeah, I get it" Scott said "All right, go home. It's a school night" Rafael said and Scott walked away.