Chapter one: golden crosses

"How dare you hide something this big FROM ME" Shona yelled at her father. " I'm the next leader of the golden crosses I deserve respect and trust and to be looped in" in a fit of rage she picked up a chair and threw it across the room skimming her brothers ear.

"what the hell is wrong with you Shona!" matao said with an Angry look on his face.

" jeez if looks could kill I'd be dead" Shona burst out laughing switching modes like that.

"enough sass missy apologise to your brother and I'll tell you why we hid this from you" Colton said with a big sigh feeling slightly guilty. "are you serious dad" she pulled a face at him. "They only one apologising should be you!" She pointed.

" I don't wanna here a word from you for a long time, I'm in big danger here I've been living with a hit on my name for over a week and I didn't know" she laughed out loud once again to make her self feel better.

"what if I had been killed because I snuck out late" she folded her arms and scowled at him unable to walk away.

"you have extra protection if you left the house i doubled the security on the house and I have people watching that you don't know about" he scowled back at her and folded his arms in defence. "Your my daughter shona i wouldn't see you hurt for the world- the universe"

"please stop fighting you know about the hit now that's all that matters but we decided to tell you now was because -your hit started at 50 thousand pounds but has just gone up to 1 million pounds" said Megan holding back the tears from fear.

"so what mother I've dealt with worse" "when" she rolled her eyes" "I just won't leave the house" Shon compromised pulling a chair out to sit on.

"no Shona I don't think it's safe for you to be in this country anymore with this hit it's gonna take months maybe a year to go away I cannot keep you safe for that long, until I find out who put a hit on you I want to you go to live with grandma and grandpa black in Spain" Colton replied. " I just want you safe and this is the only thing I can think of darling- your next in line"

Shona's mouth was hanging open with shock and was lost for words before she could say anything matao spoke saying "can anyone here crying?" he puts his hand to his ear and Shona gets up and throws her chair at him again it landed at his feet. Thinking he was being smug shona felt no remorse.

"OW you idiot! im serious it's coming from outside the door" he fell to his knees dramatically grabbing on to his feet dressed in trainers worth more than most people's houses.

"you have to be kidding me he's right" Colton rolls his eyes and stands up and pulls the door open with a force. On the other side is shonas 8 year old little sister Sadie on the floor crying curled up in a ball. "hey snowflake what's wrong" he spoke in a whole different tone towards her more softly with out any anger.

He picked her up and went to sit back down on his wooden chair. "told you!" mato hissed still holding his feet like a baby. "oh shut up before the next chair is in the face" Shona replied looking pissed. Sadie mumbled a few things and Colton asked her what she said very quietly she replied "why is shona being punished! it should be me I deserve it not Shona make me leave I can't be without shona" she cried looking her father dead in his eyes.

Shona got week knees and softened her face " oh darling I'm not being punished, I'm just going on holiday sweetie" Shona Had Run out of chairs so she sat on the table.

"I'm not 6 Shona I'm 8 I know he said that your being sent away." she sobbed still curled up in Coltons arms wetting his smart white shirt. "Sadie your sister is just going on holiday she is fine go and see" Megan said tapping on her husbands shoulder. He gave her a stare not wanting to let go, eventually gave Sadie to Shona " I promise I'm fine sweet" Shona whispered and kissed her on her cheek.

they both laughed and matao came and sat next to them, Sadie shouted "sibling only group hug!" The two others laughed and they shared a hug Colton pulled Megan in for a kiss from his chair. Brushing her hair out of the way, beaming.

Sadie saw and ran away shouting "ewwwwwww" "dad are you sure you want me gone -I'm helpful around here and I'm the next leader" she sighed looking his way. " ugh you do like flexing that your 19 and I'm one year younger so you get a wholee gang and I don't" mato said scoffing silently walking out of Coltons office.

"it's a lot of responsibility! And mato your in the gang still watch how you talk to me or I'll kick you out" she shouted after him.

"You can't do that bitch" he shouted back Shona looked in shock at what he'd just yelled she stayed put while listening to his laughing fade away as she got more angry inside her fist clenched. Colton saw that she was gonna hurt her brother so as soon as she took one step he jumped and pushed the door closed. His face started at her with an eyebrow up.

"DAD" she screamed.

"I'm gonna kill that dick head" " you leave for Spain tomorrow go and pack up your stuff you're gonna be gone a while hunni" Colton stood up hugging his daughter until she calmed down.

"tomorrow is very early do grandma and grandpa black have a room for me to stay in" she said thinking of the only thing to brake the silence she let go of the hug and Colton replied laughing.

" I forgot to tell you one tiny detail" he smiled at her and went to his draw and rummaged for something " it's not much but..." he pulled out a golden key and golden car key and and golden cross on a key chain. " dad -what are they all for" she walked towards him and looked at her mother who was  just as surprised as Shona was.

"like I said it's not much but your birthday is In Two months and it's likely you will still be in Spain so here is a gift and heres your early present" he shook the keys in her face pulling them apart one by one.

"I got you an apartment up the road form grandma and grandads mansion and I got you the new green Lamborghini out you have wanted for your birthday and the golden cross to always know where you belong" Shonas jaw dropped and she smiled from ear to ear with joy!

"THANK YOU ugh I love you so much" she ran and hugged him and the keys splatted on to the floor.