Chapter 5: The Coronation

Lucas eventually found them at a table a ways away from the event.

"Evie, listen, I want to talk to you about-"

"Lucas!" Chad called, stopping him.

"Lucas, I'm so sorry, it's my fault." Evie whispered.

"Lucas!" Chad called again.

"What?" Lucas snapped, turning to Chad, who just gave him a look that said 'don't talk to her.' Lucas instead rolled his eyes, and when he tried to sit with Evie, he was pulled away and was forced next to Lonnie.

"Dude." Chad says, "What's your problem?"

"What's your problem?" Lucas countered. "Why can't I talk to Evie?"

"Did you not see what she did?" Audrey asked.

"He kinda deserved it." Lucas says, "He did insult her. Now, if you'll excuse me." Lucas then stood and walked away. "I'll talk with you later." He whispers to Evie before leaving.

The next day was the day of the coronation. Lucas had dressed himself in a green suit with a black shirt before joining Doug, Audrey, Chad, and Lonnie as they made their way inside the large room. While Chad, Audrey, and Lonnie broke off to chat with others, Lucas couldn't help but look for Evie. Doug also noticed this and nudged Lucas.

"She's up there." Doug says, pointing up to a balcony. Sure enough, Lucas saw Evie in a stunning blue dress, standing with Jay and Carlos.

"Of course." Lucas sighs. "I wish I could talk to her. I feel bad about the other day."

"I'm sure you'll get a chance." Doug says.

"Yeah, if Chad and Audrey even let me get within five feet of her."

Their conversation stopped as music played and the large doors opened. Ben walked down the aisle and everyone bowed as he passed, stopping in front of Queen Belle and King Beast. Fairy Godmother then removed the crown from Beast and placed it on Ben's head before taking out her wand.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" She asked.

"I do solemnly swear." Ben replied.

"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our knew king."

Suddenly, Jane took the wand from her but couldn't seem to control it. A beam of light shot out before it started sparking and Jane struggled with it.

"Child, what are you doing?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane says. She continued to struggle with the wand before Mal stepped in and took it from her, the sparks stopping.

"Mal, give me the wand." Ben says.

"Stand back." Mal replied as Evie, Jay, and Carlos ran over.

"Mal, it's okay." Ben assured her.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal ordered.

"I told you so!" Audrey said before Mal pointed the wand at them, scaring them.

"Let's go!" Carlos says.

"Revenge time." Jay nervously adds.

"You really want to do this?" Ben asked.

"We have no choice, Ben!" Mal says, "Our parents..."

"Your parents made their choice." Ben says, "Now you make yours.

Mal hesitated, looking around her. "I think I want to be good." She says.

"You are good."

"How do you know that?"

"Because... because I'm listening to my heart."

"I want to listen to my heart, too." Mal says, turning to her friends. "And My heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean stealing things doesn't make you happy." She says to Jay, "Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy. And you, scratching Dude's belly makes you happy." She adds to Carlos. "Who would've thought? And Evie, you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben. because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Mal then held her hand out in a 'who's with me' manner.

"I choose good, to." Jay says, putting his hand in.

"I choose good." Evie adds, putting her hand in as well.

"So, just to be clear, we don't have to worry about how really mad our parents will be?" Carlos asked. "Because they're gonna be really, really mad."

"Your parent's can't reach you here." Ben says.

"Okay, then." Carlos says, putting his hand in, "Good."

Mal then looked over to Ben, who joined the group and put his hand in as well. Everyone cheered until there was a loud crack followed by green smoke. Maleficent had returned.

A/N: Heyo! Sorry I took so long to update. I have been struggling a bit with this story, but I'm starting to get my ideas back. Hopefully, I won't have to make you guys wait again.

~Sarah_Renai