#25 board games

PHIL

dan begged and begged me not to go on sunday, but i knew if i didn't show up my step dad would be even more pissed off and would kill me the moment i did ever try to come home. i had to go and check on my mom and martyn said he would pick me up. he was borrowing a car from his friend he stayed with this weekend to get away from our awful home.

"baby please don't leave," dan was hugging, he small little arms were wrapped around my neck and i had my hands on his waist. i didn't want to leave at all, i wished i could take dan with me far away from here.

"i know but i'll call you okay? i'll be alright and i'll come over before school tomorrow." we were standing in the driveway of his house waiting for my brother.

dan lifted his head from my chest and stared at me with his glossy brown eyes.

my snow angel

"schools almost over, we have two more months. will you please just live with me? my parents don't care, they like you!" i couldn't help but smile at his sweet innocent face. ignoring his question i gently placed my lips against his pillowy pink ones.

"you taste like cum," dan whispered as he pulled away.

i laughed.

"you taste like cupcakes," i whispered back with a grin on my face.

martyn then pulled into the driveway. i saw dan's sad brown eyes just get sadder.

"i love you, princess," i kissed his forehead and let go of his waist.

"love you, phil," he said sadly as i walked to the car.

i opened the car door and pulled myself into the seat. it took everything out me not to jump back out and run to my sweet sweet pastel baby just standing in the driveway with tears in his eyes.

as martyn pulled out of the driveway and began to drive us home, i pulled my phone out texted dan.

\messages\
phil; i'll see you tomorrow angel <3
dan; i miss you like crazy, i miss everything about you
phil; i miss you more
dan; come back if something happens
phil; okay baby, i'll be safe
dan; pinky promise ??!!?
phil; pinky promise (:
delivered

i missed dan like crazy, but i couldn't leave my home completely. but me and martyn had a plan now. we were going to get away from all this pain. finally.

\

all i had to do tonight was get through it so i could see dan tomorrow before school. but my anxiety was kicking my ass. james had already been home and passed out on the couch. he could be dead but i didn't care to check.

martyn rolled a joint for me so i had opened my window and began to smoke it when i got a phone call. with the joint in my teeth, i grabbed the phone expecting it to be dan but it was not his name i saw on my screen.

\incoming call\

patrick

i almost threw the phone out the window. it had been weeks since what happened with dan in the parking lot. weeks since i've spoken to that asshole. maybe i can tell him off now.

without thinking anymore, i answered the call and place my phone up to my ear.

"hello?" i said, blowing the smoke from my lips. i felt the weed finally hitting.

"hi phil," patrick's voice sounded strange. like he was scared of me. he really should be though.

"i don't know why you're calling me patrick, you're about to cause your own death." i sucked harder on the joint almost choking on the smoke as i blew it out. i could hear my heart beating faster as the anger began to build.

fuck i'm high.

"i know, but like can i just tell you my side-"

"no, shut the fuck up right now." i was grinding my teeth, i could barely move them. i was so angry at him for even saying that. what the fuck was he even thinking?

"i've definitely heard enough and dan's side is the only one that matters to me so why don't you just go fuck off like you have been, or do i have to knock some fucking sense into you?" i had to put the joint down at this point, i was clenching my fists hard, i felt like i could fucking kill somebody.

"i just want to explain phil! i'm sorry for what i did but-"

"NO!" i couldn't breathe, "YOU BEAT UP MY BOYFRIEND. GO TO HELL!"

i ended the call and threw my phone across the room.

sitting next to my window, i buried my hands in my hair tried to get my head straight. i felt like i was floating like this wasn't real. i was trying to catch my breath and focus.

fuck patrick

i finally stood up after what felt like hours. it really had only be maybe ten minutes. i found my phone in a pile of clothes. i knew who i needed to call.

the ringing in my ear was painful until i heard him answer.

"hey!"

"hi baby, i need you."

"what's wrong?" my heart immediately calmed down at the sound of his voice. "i'm right here phil."

"i changed my mind, i wanna be with you." i closed my eyes and just tried to imagine myself with him. holding him.

"okay baby i'm coming, i'll come get you."

"i love you dan, i'm so so in love with you." i couldn't stop myself. it was all coming out. i was clenching my eyes shut just sitting on the floor of my bedroom.

"i'm so in love with you phil," dan said back.

"stay on the phone, don't hang up," i whined, feeling like i was going to burst into tears.

"never, baby." dan replied, i could hear him getting into his car and turning it on. it wasn't even dawning on me that dan was driving and he hates driving, he's terrified. yet he was coming to pick me up.

"you know i'll never leave you phil, i'm always gonna be here. i always have."

i heard him pause, i didn't reply yet. i didn't know how.

"i'm absolutely yours princess," i finally said as tears streamed down my face.

why was i always so broken? but then there was dan, always putting bandaids on my heart.

\\