2 • irrelevent emily •

"The earth does not belong to us. We belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

** 2irrelevant emily

  I couldn't focus.

  Everything seemed to move slower ever since I saw yesterday's news. The same questions circled through my mind. What's happening? Why is this happening?

**

  "Did you see the news last night? Apparently all the coastal cities are underwater! Like, instead of giving us the water, give it to Australia." Lola sighed, rolling her eyes.

  "Lola, the whole world is sinking. Not just the U.S." Dara squinted his eyes at her as if saying 'How do you not know this?'

  "Kendra, you've been quieter than usual. What happened? Your dog die?" Emily laughed.

  I roll my eyes making sure she sees. "No Emily. My dog didn't die. Maybe if you paid attention, you'd understand. But I don't think your nonexistent brain can comprehend that."

  There was a series of 'Ohs' from our lunchtable as I looked at her blankly.

**

  Algebra was a blur. So was English. I just sat in the back and did my work tuning out the other kids in my class.

  I finally sat down in my art class. The one class that I love the most. No one bothers me, the teacher loves me, and he allows literally everything.

  And I also didn't have to deal with Emily and her hollow skull.

---

Published: 2.6.2020
Edited:

ha, sorry if the chapters are short 😅

comment, folllow and vote 💙

- violet

---