6 • sound the alarm •

"The earth sustains your existence, give it something back in return." - Hermann J. Steinherr

** 6 • sound the alarm •

  "Those who are still alive and are in the areas listed on the screen, mothers and children must be taken to higher ground. I repeat - mothers and children must be taken to higher ground."

**

  We were all sitting in the lunch room chatting away when the flood alarm went off. Then the principle came over the intercom. "Attention teachers and students; the water is now coming closer and there is a swam of i malatis outside. No students are allowed to leave campus. Teachers that are currently teaching, please allow your students to contact their parent or guardian."

  My eyes widened and everyone in the lunchroom went hysterical. Some girls were sitting in corners of the cafeteria crying on the phone. Probably talking to their parents.

  Lola said she's going to the bathroom to have some privacy while she talks to her mother.

  With shaky hands, I turn on my phone and call my mom, too. After three rings, she picks up. "Hello?"

  "Hey um.. so they're keeping us here at school because the water is coming close to our town." I say quietly and shaking. A few seconds of silence pass and I check if she's still there.

  She laughs, "Y'know, I was just about to call you, too. They're doing the same thing here at work."

  We talk for a few more minutes and we eventually hang up.

**

  I take an unused notebook out of my bag and decide to write everything that's happening.

______

March 5, 20--                Thursday

So we're stuck here at school. I called mom and she said that the same thing is happening at her job.

Oh and the principle also said there's a 'swarm' of  i malati outside.

______

---

Published: 3.5.2020
Edited:

lol i have a track meet today so i'm posting early

comment, follow and vote 💙

- violet

---