8 • darker •

"You never really know what's coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity."  - Alysha Speer

A/N: I recommend listening to the song "Roslyn" by Bon Iver and St. Vincent while reading this

** 8 • darker •

  It was so scary.

  I felt like I was drowning.

  I was  drowning.

  Why was I drowning? I don't know.

  My heart was beating at an insane pace. I couldn't breathe. My arms flew around my body trying to grab onto something to hoist myself up and out of the water.

  At least that's what I thought it was.

  It only took me a minute to realize that the water had finally reached my school. It had snuck up on us while we were sleeping peacefully. 

  At least that's what we thought. 

  My hand went out of the water and grabbed onto something hard but smooth. It was slick with something thick.

  It felt like blood.

  My stomach churned with what I thought could've happened.

  My other hand followed the first and I pushed myself up on top of the object. 

  I took a slow breath and squinted my eyes to try and see what the water had done to my school. Soon, my eyes adjusted and I was able to see.

  All I could see was rushing water, bodies, and parts of the walls in the water.

  I tried to hold onto something above me to stand up and see if there was a way out of this mess. I saw the flat entrance of the school doors and grabbed onto a pipe sticking out of the wall beside and above me. It felt cold and was also slick with that disgusting and thick liquid. 

  My foot was on the floor when my hand gave away from the pipe.

  I heard a small shriek come from my voice.

  Then I slipped off.

  I fell into the deep darkness unable to breathe. My arms tried to help me again, but they couldn't. I was too far down.

  My mind began to slip into the dark as I lost consciousness. 

  And I kept sinking.

  But then something pulled me out

---

Published: 3.26.2020
Edited: N/A

comment, follow and vote 💙

- violet

---